The Chilean cosmetics & toiletries industry is led by the haircare sector in value terms, while make-up is expected to register the fastest growth during 2018-2023 in value terms. Hypermarkets & supermarkets accounted for the highest value share in the distribution of cosmetics & toiletries products in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material, followed by flexible packaging and rigid metal. ’Unilever’, ’L`Oreal S.A.’ and ’Procter & Gamble’ are the leading players in the Chilean cosmetics & toiletries industry.
Our Country Profile report on the cosmetics & toiletries industry in Chile provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Industry data: Overall industry value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023.
- Sector coverage: Value and growth analysis for feminine hygiene, fragrances, haircare, make-up, male toiletries, oral hygiene, personal hygiene, skincare and suncare with inputs on individual segment share within each sector and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each sector through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, health & beauty stores, department stores, convenience stores, drugstores & pharmacies, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, ’dollar stores’, variety store & general merchandise retailers, vending machines, e-retailers, chemists/pharmacies, parapharmacies/drugstores, direct sellers, and other general retailers.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in value terms in 2018.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each sector in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal, glass and others; pack type data for: Bottle, tube, aerosol, tub, bag/sachet, and jar.
- The per capita consumption of cosmetics & toiletries is higher in Chile compared to the global level
- The skincare sector is expected to gain the maximum share, in value terms, during 2018-2023
- The skincare sector is expected to gain the maximum share, in volume terms, during 2018-2023
- The per capita consumption of haircare products is the highest compared with other cosmetics & toiletries sectors in Chile
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Chilean cosmetics & toiletries industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential sectors and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis.
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities.
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning.
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion.
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the industry.
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.