The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Global zinc reserves were 233.7 million tonnes as of January 2018. The largest share of these was in Australia, with 27.4% of the global total, followed by China and Peru. Between 2019 and 2022, global zinc supply is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8%, to 15.7 Metric Ton in 2022 with strong support by increases in production from Australia, Peru, India and the US.
In 2018, although global zinc supply increased by 1.5% to 13.4Mt, it was still short by 1.1Mt, of the global demand of 14.5Mt in that year. Increases in demand from China, Germany, the US, and Belgium were the major factors behind the increase in the global demand. The gap between demand and supply is expected to narrow and eventually the market will move into a surplus in 2022.
Up to 100 new projects will be commencing operations between 2019 and 2022 where zinc is either a primary or a secondary commodity being produced. These offset the growth in global output originating from MMG’s Dugald River project, the commissioning of Century Resource’s New Century mine and the Hellyer tailings project in Australia; as well as a few smaller mines commencing operations across the globe.
The report "Global Zinc Mining to 2022", provides a comprehensive coverage on global zinc industry. It provides historical and forecast data on zinc production by country, zinc reserves, zinc reserves country, consumption by country to 2022. The trade section provides information on major exporters and importers.
The report also includes a demand drivers section providing information on factors that are affecting the global zinc industry. It further provides mines and projects count by company by status, profiles of major coal producers, information on the major active, planned and exploration projects by region.
- The report contains an overview of global zinc mining industry inlcuding key demand driving factors affecting the global zinc mining industry.
- It provides detailed information on reserves, reserves by country, production, production by country, major operating mines, competitive landscape, major exploration and development projects, consumption, and major exportes and importers.
Reasons To Buy
- To gain an understanding of the global zinc mining industry, relevant driving factors
- To understand historical and forecast trend on global zinc production, and consumption
- To identify major exporters and importers
- To identify key players in the global zinc mining industry
- To gain an understanding of major active, exploration and development projects.