“The 3D printing filament market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 27.1% between 2018 and 2023.”
The 3D printing filament market is estimated to be USD 1.3 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 4.4 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 27.1% from 2018 to 2023. Key factors expected to drive the 3D printing filament market include increasing applications in various end-use industries and improving awareness related to the use and advantages of 3D printing technology. High installation and operating costs of 3D printing equipment are some of the major restraints for the growth of the 3D printing filament market.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
“Plastics are expected to be the most consumed material in filament form in the 3D printing filament market during the forecast period.”
Based on type, plastics are the most consumed and commonly used material in filament form as compared to other materials due to their feasibility, availability, properties, and cost-effectiveness. Among plastics, ABS and PLA are the most consumed material. The market for the ceramics material is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
“The aerospace & defense end-use industry segment is expected to lead the 3D printing filament market during the forecast period.”
The aerospace & defense end-use industry is expected to lead the 3D printing filament market during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the rise in the global demand for 3D printing filament majorly in plastic form. Moreover, increasing applications in various end-use industries such as aerospace & defense, healthcare, fashion, education, and others are expected to drive the growth of the 3D printing filament market. In addition, this industry is expected to witness a growing demand from developed regions such as North America and Europe.
“The Asia Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing 3D printing filament market during the forecast period.”
North America is expected to lead the 3D printing filament market during the forecast period due to technological advancements and growth in various end-use industries such as aerospace & defense. The 3D printing filament market in the Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the increasing awareness and knowledge among people about the advantages of 3D printing technology, materials, and services.
Breakdown of primary interviews for the report on the 3D printing filament market:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 11.1%, Tier 2 –33.3%, and Tier 3 – 55.6%
- By Designation: C-Level – 20.0%, Director Level – 10.0% and Others – 70.0%
- By Region: North America – 35.7%, Europe- 28.6%, Asia Pacific– 14.3%, Middle East & Africa – 14.3%, and South America – 7.1%
The leading 3D printing filament manufacturers, globally, profiled in this report are Stratasys, Ltd. (US), 3D Systems Corporation (US), Arkema S.A. (France), Koninklijke DSM N.V. (Netherlands), Materialise NV (Belgium), Evonik Industries AG (Germany), SABIC (Saudi Arabia), Clariant (Switzerland), HP Inc. (US) and DowDuPont (US), among others.
- The report covers the 3D printing filament market on the basis of type, end-use industry, and region.
- This report aims at estimating the size and future growth potential of the 3D printing filament market across various segmentation types.
- The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key market players along with their profiles and key growth strategies.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report
- From an insight perspective, this report has been focusing on various levels of analyses, which include industry analysis (industry trends) and company profiles.
- These insights together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the 3D printing filament market, high-growth regions, and drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the 3D printing filament market.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on various types of 3D printing filament offered by top players operating in the 3D printing filament market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights into upcoming 3D printing technologies & materials, R&D activities, and new applications in various end-use industries in the 3D printing filament market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative and emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for 3D printing filament across different regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the 3D printing filament market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the 3D printing filament market