The Chilean meat sector is led by the fresh meat (counter) category in both value and volume terms in 2018 and it is also forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for the distribution of meat in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Chilean meat sector. ’Halberstadter Wurstchen-Und Konservenfabrik Gmbh’, ’The Modinger Bros. S.A’ and ’Faenadora Rosario Ltd’ are the leading market players in Chilean meat sector.
The report “Country Profile: Meat in Chile” provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The per capita consumption of meat was higher in Chile compared to both global and regional levels in 2018
- The fresh meat (counter) category is expected to gain market share in the value terms during 2018-2023
- Per capita consumption of fresh meat (counter) is the highest compared to other meat categories in Chile
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Chilean meat sector
- Halberstadter is the leading brand in both value and volume terms in the Chilean meat sector
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Chilean meat sector
The Country Profile report on the meat sector in Chile provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall industry value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ambient meat, chilled raw packaged meat - processed, chilled raw packaged meat - whole cuts, cooked meats - counter, cooked meats - packaged, fresh meat (counter), and frozen meat with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each sector through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers, hypermarkets & supermarkets, and other general retailers.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in both value and volume terms in 2018.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal, paper & board and others; pack type data for: can, film, bottle, tray, tub, bag/sachet, stand up pouch and carton - folding.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.