In Q4 2018, the oil and gas industry reported 1180 contracts, of which 1132 were awarded contracts. Upstream sector reported 75% of the total awarded contracts, with 852 contracts. The midstream sector recorded 164 contracts, representing 14% of the total awarded contracts, followed by 98 contracts in the downstream sector; representing 9% of the awarded contracts during the quarter.
EMEA recorded the most contracts with 487 contracts, representing around 43% of the total awarded contracts in Q4 2018. Americas region closely followed with 449 contracts, accounting for 40% of the total awarded contracts. On the other hand, Operations and Maintenance represented 64% of the awarded contracts in Q4 2018, followed by contracts with multiple scopes, such as construction, design and engineering, installation, O&M, and procurement, which accounted for 12%.
One of the high value contracts was Petrofac, Saipem, and Samsung Engineering consortium’s US$4bn contract from Thai Oil for the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning (EPCC) services for Clean Fuels Project at Sriracha refinery in Chonburi, on the East coast of Thailand.
Other notable contracts during Q4 2018 included Saipem and Renaissance Heavy Industries joint venture’s contract worth ?2.2bn (US$2.5bn) for the construction of three Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) plants, as well as LNG storage facilities for Arctic LNG 2 project in the Gydan Peninsula, Russia; and BHGE, McDermott International, and LTHE consortium’s subsea contract was worth approximately US$1,694.45m for the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning (EPCIC) of Subsea Production Systems (SPS) including 34 deepwater trees, and Subsea Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines (SURF) for 34 wells for the development of block DWN-98/2 in the Krishna Godavari basin, off the East Coast of India.
"Quarterly Oil & Gas Industry Contracts Review - Petrofac, Saipem, and Samsung Engineering Consortium Leads Award Activity in APAC Region", report is an essential source of data on the awarded contracts in the oil and gas industry, The report portrays detailed comparative data on the number of contracts and their value in the month, subdivided by region, sector and geographies during the quarter, Additionally, the report provides information on the top contractors and issuers based on the worth of contracts executed in the oil and gas industry during the quarter by geographies and over the year.
- Analyze oil and gas contracts in the global arena
- Review of contracts in the upstream sector - exploration and production, midstream sector - pipeline, transportation, storage and processing, and in the downstream sector - refining and marketing
- Information on the top awarded contracts by sector that took place in the oil and gas industry
- Geographies covered include - North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South & Central America, and Middle East & Africa
- Summary of top contractors in the oil and gas industry over the past quarter subdivided by the sector, this include key contractors such as Saipem, Petrofac, Samsung Engineering, Renaissance Heavy Industries, and Hyundai Heavy Industries
- Summary of top issuers in the oil and gas industry over the past quarter subdivided by the sector, this include key issuers such as Thai Oil Public Co, Arctic LNG, ONGC, Kuwait Petroleum, and ADNOC.
Reasons To Buy
- Enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner,
- Find out the major contracts focused sectors for investments in your industry,
- Understand the contracts activity in the oil and gas industry
- Evaluate the type of services offered by key contractors during the month,
- Identify growth sectors and regions wherein contracts opportunities are more lucrative,
- Look for key contractors/issuers if you are looking to award a contract or interested in open tender activity within the oil and gas industry.