Functional Drinks Global Industry Guide 2013-2022
Global Functional Drinks industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the global functional drinks market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global functional drinks market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global functional drinks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in the global functional drinks market?
- Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global functional drinks market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
- The functional drinks market consists of the retail sale of sports drinks and energy drinks. Sports drinks are defined as drinks with performance-enhancing properties, described as ’isotonic’, ’hypertonic’ or ’hypotonic’. Energy drinks are defined as those with energy-enhancing properties - often carbonated and containing stimulants such as caffeine, taurine, guarana, glucuronolactone, and yerba mate, along with glucose syrup (corn syrup) and maltodextrin. The market is valued according to the retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. All currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant annual average 2017 exchange rates.
- The global functional drinks market had total revenues of $73,968.0m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 4.0% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 22,105.3 million liters in 2017.
- The US remained the world’s largest functional drinks market, accounting for 36.7% of the overall global market value in 2017.
Reasons To Buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global functional drinks market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global functional drinks market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key functional drinks market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global functional drinks market with five year forecasts by both value and volume