Global Biopower capacity more than doubled during 2006-2018. A significant portion of this growth comprised the capacity addition in Brazil, China, and India. The cumulative capacity grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.7% from 2006 to 2018. During 2018-2030 as well, the capacity is estimated to grow significantly although at a slower rate. Most of the capacity addition during this period is estimated to come from China and India.
Biopower capacity in China increased significantly from 2006 to 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.3%. The cumulative capacity increased especially during 2009-2012 and 2016-2018. In 2017, the country had the largest annual capacity addition of 2.7 GW. During 2019-2030, China is set to have the largest capacity additions each year with more than 2 GW planned to be added annually. About a third of the global capacity addition during this period is set to be from installations in China.
The Fukushima disaster in Japan has created a shift from nuclear power to other renewable sources including biopower. Against this backdrop the biopower capacity additions in Japan gained traction in 2015. It is estimated that around 300-400 megawatts (MW) biopower capacity will be added in Japan each year during 2019-2030. During this same period, Republic of Korea also plans to increase its biopower capacity significantly. As both these countries import biomass from nearby countries there will be competition for acquiring feedstock and that may lead to a supply shortage or price rise.
"Biopower Market, Update 2019 - Global Market Size, Average Cost, Major Feedstock, Regulations, and Key Country Analysis to 2030", is the latest market analysis report that offers comprehensive information and understanding of the biopower market. The report provides a clear overview of and detailed insight into the global biopower market.
It explains the key drivers and challenges affecting the market and provides data covering historic and forecast market size, average capital cost, installed capacity and generation globally, and in twelve key wind power markets - The US, Brazil, China, India, Japan, Thailand, Republic of Korea, Germany, Sweden, Italy, Finland, and UK.
The report includes -
- Market study at global level and for twelve key countries The US, Brazil, China, India, Japan, Thailand, Republic of Korea, Germany, Sweden, Italy, Finland, and UK.
- Coverage of the key growth drivers and challenges related to each country’s biopower market, and the market’s influence on the environment and the country’s economy
- Historic (2006-2018) and forecast data (2019-2030) for cumulative and annual installed biopower capacity
- Average capital cost and market size for the 2010-2017 period, and forecast for the 2019-30 period.
- Feedstock availability and potential; cumulative capacity segmentation by feedstock type; and a list of major operational biopower plants for each of the twelve key countries.
- Market drivers and restraints for each of the twelve key countries.
Reasons To Buy
The report will allow you to -
- Facilitate decision-making by providing historical and forecast data in the biopower sector
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the biopower market
- Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the industry’s growth potential
- Maximize potential in the growth of the biopower market
- Identify key partners and business-development avenues
- Respond to business structure, strategy and prospects.