"Cigarettes in New Zealand, 2019", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the New Zealand market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Consumption of manufactured cigarettes has declined significantly since 1990, with levels currently more than half the volumes prevalent then and standing at 1.6 billion pieces in 2018. Recently, there has been growth in the non-duty paid sector as taxes and prices have risen with trade reports giving this market 14% of the combined duty and non-duty paid sales in 2018. There has also been an upsurge of RYO tobacco usage, although this now appears to have peaked with RYO use now in decline.
- Recently, there has been growth in the non-duty paid sector as taxes and prices have risen with trade reports giving this market 14% of the combined duty and non-duty paid sales in 2018.
- New Zealand is completely converted to filter cigarettes.
- Virginia blends dominate with 90% of sales and king size cigarettes are by far the most popular length.
- The New Zealand Government has the ambition of significantly reducing cigarette consumption by 2025 to become, so-called, ’smoke-free’.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.