Global Distribution Transformers market registered a market value of $13.9bn in 2017. The market is projected to grow driven by the lack of robust grid infrastructure, need for grid resiliency and expansion, and effective optimization of power assets.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to continue leading the market, reaching $6.9bn in 2022. China and India, the two largest economies in the region are primary markets contributing to the growth of distribution transformers. Improving access to electricity, constructing new generation capacities, and the rising demand for electricity will continue to influence the Chinese and Indian distribution transformers market. The EMEA market is estimated to grow the quickest, at a CAGR of 2.4% during the forecast period (2018-2022).
The shift from fossil fuels and deployment of smart technologies are bringing about new business opportunities for stakeholders in the distribution sector. Well developed countries in Western Europe would have the need for replacements, whereas underdeveloped countries in Africa and Middle East need to deploy a vast number of transformers, due to power sector transformation in countries within the region.
China represents the largest market for distribution transformers with a value of $4.37bn in 2017, which is likely to decline to $3.82bn in 2022. Over the forecast period, the market is anticipated to shift towards a replacement based market, causing a slowdown in the market; however, continued demand from industrial and commercial sectors will help sustain a large market for distribution transformers.
Other countries with established grid infrastructure such as the US, Germany, and the UK are largely driven by the need to upgrade and modernize their assets, to effectively integrate distributed generation technologies. The US market is likely to grow at a CAGR of 1.9% over the forecast period and is expected to be the second largest market for distribution transformers.
The latest report "Distribution Transformers Market, Update 2018 - Global Market Size, Competitive Landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2022", offers in-depth analysis of the distribution transformers market at global, regional (Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, and Middle East and Africa) and key countries (the US, Canada, Brazil, India, China, Republic of Korea, Japan, Australia, Germany, the UK, and Saudi Arabia) level.
The report analyzes the market value for the years 2012-2022; split between the historical period (2013-2017) and forecast period (2018-2022). The report covers the global and country-wise drivers and restraints impacting the market. An overview of the existing equipment manufacturers and their market share at global and country level is presented. In addition, tenders and contracts issued and profiles of major market players are also outlined in the report.
The report analyses distribution transformers market. Its scope includes -
- Analysis of the growth of the market in global and regional level including Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, and Middle East and Africa.
- The report provides market analysis for key countries including the US, Canada, Brazil, India, China, Republic of Korea, Japan, Australia, Germany, the UK, and Saudi Arabia.
- The report offers market projections for the historical period (2013-2017) and forecast period (2018-2022).
- It provides competitive landscape, relevant tenders and contracts, and profiles of major players within the market.
Reasons To Buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to -
- Facilitate decision-making by analyzing market data on distribution transformers
- Develop strategies based on developments in the market
- Identify key business-development avenues, based on an understanding of market trends
- Respond to your competitors’ business structure, strategies and prospects.