The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Comfort & Uncertainty refers to the demand for more authentic and engaging brand-consumer experiences that foster consumer trust and loyalty. Amid health concerns, this megatrend also captures consumers drawing comfort from healthy, simple, and natural products. The onus is on producers to align with health agendas and maximize brand transparency in order to capitalize on the Comfort & Uncertainty megatrend.
As consumers become more aware of their health and wellbeing, greater importance is placed on the inclusion of specific ingredients and health claims that align to different dietary needs. This has resulted in consumers seeking out products with transparent and natural formulations, therefore appearing more healthy. Globalization and global economic activity continues to make the lives of consumers increasingly more strenuous and challenging. This is certainly true among working professionals who struggle with time- and stress-related anxieties. The demand for simple positioning is high, including formulation and information.
54% of the global consumers pay a very high/high amount of attention to the ingredients used in food and drink products. Two thirds of consumers globally are most likely to purchase a product developed for their lifestyle. 61% of global consumers like to stick to grocery products and brands that they know and trust.
The report "TrendSights Overview: Comfort & Uncertainty", covers what the mega-trend is, why it is important, who is most influenced by it, and how brands and manufacturers can capitalize. The research concludes by identifying where the mega-trend is heading next and how long it will last.
Companies mentioned: Happy Farm, Xinxiwang, Cellular Seasonings, Kagome, Wtr Mln, OurCreative Bonds, Laziale Ale, Elbler, Craft Academny, Superdrug, Nature Box, Beauty Pie, Sleek Touch, Molecola, Encore, Poppy’s, TurboPUP, Acorelle, Cheeky Friends, Gro-hush, Prince Additive, Marlboro, Teeps, Tesco, Sainsburys, IKEA, Uber Eats, Le Petit Chef, Flytrex, TCCC, Wellbeing Brewery, Camden Town Brewery, Tate & Lyle, PepsiCo.
- 54% of global consumers pay a very high/high amount of attention to the ingredients used in food and drink products.
- Two thirds of consumers globally are most likely to purchase a product developed for their lifestyle. 61% of global consumers like to stick to grocery products and brands that they know and trust.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.