With people getting married later, divorcing faster, and living longer, consumers are more likely to explore life as a singleton. Spending on indulgences during the prolonged single years has simply become a way of life. For many, being a singleton is not an inadvertent outcome of situational circumstances; living alone is often considered to be more desirable than living with strangers, especially among those aged over 30.
Single Lifestyles is one of the 63 sub-trends that GlobalData covers as part of our TrendSights series of Consumer Insight studies. The analysis covers what the trend is, why it is important, who is most influenced by it and how brands and manufacturers can capitalize. The research concludes by identifying where the trend is heading next and how long it will last.
- Push convenient options for time-pressed consumers.
- Align products to match social occasions.
- Develop offerings that deliver solutions to consumers’ individual needs.
Reasons To Buy
- Discover why single lifestyles are impacting the way consumers are adapting their spending habits differently from those in a relationship
- Compare the relevance of the Single Lifestyles trend in each industry across the FMCG space, and learn what the key opportunities are.
- Identify the innovation implications of the trend for your sector.