The Western European savory & deli sector was valued at US$45.7 billion in 2017 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 5% during 2017-2022, to reach US$58.5 billion by 2022. Western Europe, with a value share of 35.2%, represented the largest regional market in the global savory & deli sector in 2017. Based on the relative performance of countries on multiple metrics, Belgium, the UK, Italy, and Sweden were shortlisted as high-potential countries, primarily due to their large savory & deli sector sizes, projected high value growth rates, and projected rising per capita value growth levels. The UK was the largest contributor in terms of market value as of 2017, while Belgium is forecast to witness the highest CAGR of 6.25% during 2017-2022.
The overall savory & deli sector in the Western Europe region is highly fragmented, with the top five brands - Ginsters, Fratelli Beretta, Florette, Casa Modena, and Negroni - accounting for 7.7% of the market value in 2017.
Pre-packed sandwiches was the largest category in the Western Europe savory & deli sector in 2017, with US$17,136.4 million (37.4% of the overall savory & deli sector) and is expected to reach US$21,508.2 million in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 4.6%. In terms of growth, cured meats is forecast to witness the highest CAGR of 6% during 2017-2022. The focus on health & wellness (H&W) is less prominent in the Western Europe region (1.6% of the overall savory & deli value sales in 2017) compared to the global share (2.9%). However, a large aging population (especially in high-potential countries) and rising concerns related to health issues such as obesity, are driving the growth of savory & deli with health & wellness attributes in Western Europe.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the most popular distribution channel for savory & deli in the Western Europe region, accounting for 59.9% of overall sales in 2017, followed by convenience stores with a 24% share. Rigid plastics was the most commonly used packaging material in the Western Europe savory & deli sector, accounting for 56.8% of the sector (in packaging unit terms) in 2017, while tray was the most used pack type, accounting for 62.6% during the same year.
The report "Opportunities in the Western Europe Savory & Deli Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region’s savory & deli sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
Companies mentioned: Ginsters Campofr?o Food Group, S.A., Salumificio Fratelli Beretta S.P.A., Agrial S.A., Great Italian Sausage Spa, Negroni S.P.A., Groupe Bonduelle, Nestle SA, Vismara S.P.A., Bolton Group S.p.A.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western Europe Savory & Deli sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of Savory & Deli by markets across the key countries in the region.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top 4 high potential countries in the region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the region, besides analyzing the growth of Private Label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for hot drinks across the key countries in the region, in 2017. It covers these distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, health & beauty stores, dollar stores, which include variety stores & general merchandisers and others, which includes cash & carries & warehouse clubs and others.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various packaging materials, container, closure, and outer types based on the volume sales (units) of Savory & Deli.
Reasons To Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.