“Rising number of outpatient surgical procedures in ASCs, HOPDs, and physicians’ offices is expected to increase the adoption of capnography devices in these settings.”
The number of outpatient surgical procedures in the US is expected to grow from ~129 million procedures in 2018 to ~144 million procedures by 2023, at a CAGR of 2.1% during the forecast period. The growing number of outpatient surgeries is expected to increase the adoption of capnography monitoring devices in outpatient surgical departments in the US. The demand for capnography monitoring devices in outpatient surgical procedures is further supported by the increasing prevalence of target diseases (diabetes, CVDs, respiratory diseases, and sleep apnea) and the growing number of outpatient surgical procedures requiring general anesthesia and medium & high sedation.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
“Other outpatient surgeries are expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
The major types of outpatient surgical procedures in the US include dental surgeries, gastrointestinal surgeries, orthopedic surgeries, ophthalmic surgeries, ENT surgeries, obstetric/gynecological surgeries, cosmetic surgeries, cardiovascular surgeries, urologic surgeries, and other surgeries. The other surgeries segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period in the US.
“By type, the dental surgeries segment accounted for the largest share of the market during the forecast period.”
Dental surgeries include root canals and implant procedures as well as other procedures such as oral surgeries, tooth extractions, corrective jaw (orthognathic) surgeries, other periodontic surgeries, endodontic procedures, and orthodontic procedures. More than 90% of dental surgeries are performed in physicians’ offices in the US.
In-depth interviews were conducted with Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), marketing directors of capnography monitoring device companies, and hospital management executives from various key organizations operating in the US.
- By Healthcare Setting: HOPDs: 40%, ASCs: 36%, and Physicians’ Offices: 24%
- By Designation: Surgeons: 63%, Nurses: 25%, and Others: 12%
- This market study covers the volume market of outpatient surgical procedures across various segments in the US. It aims at estimating the market volume and the growth potential of this market across different segments based on types of surgeries and hospital settings wherein these surgeries are performed (by channel).
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
- The report will provide the number of outpatient surgical procedures with information on the closest approximations of the types of outpatient surgical procedures performed in the US and their subsegments.
- This report will help stakeholders understand the trends in the adoption of capnography monitoring devices in outpatient surgical departments of the US and gain insights to better position their businesses and plan suitable go-to-market strategies.
- The report will also help stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information on the key market opportunities.