The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“The demand for increased efficiency in commercial and defense operations is the key factor influencing the growth of the Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs) market.”
The UGVs market is estimated to be USD 2.7 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 7.0 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 14.81% during the forecast period. The increasing demand for enhanced efficiency, human safety, and the growth of terrorist activities are expected to drive the market. However, limited reliability of UGVs during missions and the inability to predict the external environment are projected to hinder the growth of this market.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
“The military segment is expected to lead the UGVs market during the forecast period.”
Based on application, the military segment expected to lead the UGVs market during the forecast period. The demand for unmanned ground vehicles in the military segment is increasing due to the growing number of applications of UGVs in the defense sector for activities such as EOD, ISR, combat support, and transportation, among others.
“The legged segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
Based on mobility, the legged segment is expected to lead the UGVs market during the forecast period. Legged land robots are more versatile and can be successfully used at rough and unpredictable terrains for defense and commercial applications. Legged land robots are capable of legged locomotion, and can access traverse irregular and uneven tracks by establishing a foot contact with the ground at selected points according to terrain conditions and without great difficulty resulting in increasing demand for legged robots.
“The UGVs market in Asia Pacific expected to account for the largest share and grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.”
The Asia Pacific region estimated to lead the UGVs market in 2018 and is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. The growth of the market can be attributed to the increasing terrorist activities and increasing spending by emerging economies on defense operations in this region. Countries in this region, such as India and China, have increased their defense budgets and are procuring advanced equipment for their military operations, which is expected to drive the UGVs market in this region.
Break-up of profiles of primary participants in this report:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 45% and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, Others – 40%
- By Region: North America - 45%, Europe – 20%, Asia Pacific – 30%, RoW – 5%
Key players profiled in the UGVs market include QinetiQ Group Plc (UK), Northrop Grumman (US), Lockheed Martin (US), iRobot Corp (US), and Oshkosh Corporation (US), among others.
- The study segments the UGVs market on the basis of mode of operations (tethered, teleoperated, and autonomous), mobility (wheeled, tracked, legged, and hybrid), size (small, medium, large, very large, and extremely large), system (payloads, control units, actuators, and others), and application (military, commercial, law enforcement and federal law enforcement) and maps these segments and subsegments across the major regions of the world, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Rest of the World.
- The report provides in-depth market intelligence regarding the market dynamics and the major factors influencing the growth of the UGVs market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges), along with an analysis of micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and their contribution to the market.
Reasons To buy this report:
- From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses industry analysis (industry trends), market ranking analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the UGVs market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on UGVs offered by top market players
- Market Sizing: The estimated size of the market in 2018 and its projection from 2018 to 2025
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the UGVs market
- Market Overview: Market dynamics and subsequent analysis of associated trends as well as drivers, opportunities, and challenges prevailing in the UGVs market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative markets – the report analyzes the markets for UGV across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the UGVs market
- Regional Analysis: Factors influencing the growth of the UGVs market in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Rest of the World
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the UGVs market