There has been a major upheaval in the IT services sector over the last few years, caused by the shift towards cloud services provision and growing client demand for digital services, focused around emerging technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), process automation, and the Internet of Things (IoT). Consequently, vendors have had to adapt their approach to become more flexible and consultative, leaving behind traditional outsourcing lift-and-shift models.
Some vendors have struggled to evolve and are increasingly under pressure from disruptive market entrants, including cloud services providers. However, more adaptable vendors should be able to take advantage of lucrative new opportunities, such as enabling multi-cloud and hybrid cloud adoption in large enterprises.
This report provides information on key themes that will impact the IT services sector over the next two years, including cloud computing, blockchain, open source software, and AI.
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and identify the leading and lagging companies.
- It includes a theme map that shows the 50 biggest themes driving growth in the IT services sector.
- It explains how some of the largest listed players in the sector have performed over the last three years.
- It looks at major technology and macro-economic trends impacting IT services companies.
Reasons To Buy
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures. Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector.
- However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries.
- This IT services sector scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the industry over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their market.