The global market for Dual SIM Smartphones is projected to exceed 1.5 billion units by 2024, driven by the ubiquitous use of smartphones for performing both personal and professional tasks especially so against the backdrop of expanding mobile workforce and widespread implementation of bring-your-own device (BYOD) programs in modern enterprises. Also growing consumer preference for mixing and matching multiple service providers’ data and voice plans to leverage pricing and cost benefits, is also resulting in the rise of multiple mobile subscriptions per person. Few of the benefits offered by dual SIM smartphones include eliminates the disadvantage of being locked into a single network; separate mobile identities for personal and professional use; expanded network coverage; better ability to mix match service providers tariffs and leverage cost-effective data plans; easy reimbursement of professional voice calls and data usage; added storage and backup benefits on two SIM cards; and eliminates the need for carrying two separate phones. Given the ability of these smartphones to ease BYOD security issues, a growing number of enterprises are encouraging the use of dual SIM phones among employees. Some of the broad market forces influencing growth include growing mobile subscription per capita; launch of newer models of dual SIM smartphones with enhanced speed, multimedia functionality, compelling gaming experience, and integration of innovative features such as fingerprint reader, Eyeprint ID, USB Type-C and OneKey Power Saver etc.; and growing global sales of smartphones especially in untapped emerging markets. Asia-Pacific represents the largest market worldwide, supported by QoS issues that drive consumers to juggle multiple service providers to ensure continuous data and network availability; and differing price and quality of data and voice services on prepaid and post-paid service plans that lead subscribers to avail multiple service plans and deals. The Middle East & Africa represents the fastest growing regional market worldwide with a CAGR of 17% over the analysis period.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Google Acquires HTC’s Smartphone R&D Division in a Transaction Valued at US$1.1 Billion
- ZTE Receives US FCC Approval for ZTE Blade V9 Vita, Dual SIM Smartphone
- Vivo India launches Vivo V9 Pro Dual SIM Smartphone with 6GB RAM and Snapdragon 660 Processor in India
- Apple Introduces iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max with Dual SIM Functionality
- Xiaomi Rolls Out Redmi 6 Series of Dual SIM Smartphones Powered by MediaTek Helio A22 System-On-Chip in India
Product Definition & Scope
- A dual SIM smartphone is defined as a mobile phone that offers the capability of holding two SIM cards in a single handset. Such handsets facilitate using two mobile services in a single device, thereby eliminating the requirement of carrying two phones. Subsequently, a single handset could be employed, for instance, for both business and private usage with varied bills and numbers; and travel-related purposes by allowing the use of second SIM for the country/region visited. Usage of multiple SIM cards facilitates users in taking advantage of different pricing plans for text messages and calls.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- BBK Electronics Corp.
- G'Five International Ltd.
- HTC Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- ZTE Corporation
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.