The global market for Web Content Filtering is projected to reach US$4.8 billion by 2024, driven by the rapid penetration of Internet in homes, schools and businesses and the resulting rise in online distractions posed by inappropriate and objectionable content and security threats presented by malicious, hacked websites. The scenario drives the need for web content filtering as the first line of defense. Businesses today need to safeguard employee productivity by removing time wasting and inappropriate distractions on the Internet by blocking access to unauthorized websites and web content. Similarly, with growing number of internet enabled households with children and rise of e-learning as the standard educational tool, home computer users today feel the need to filter objectionable content and exclude access to tagged webpages. Major benefits of web content filtering driving its adoption among individual consumers and businesses alike include ensures safer use of Internet by children; increased employee productivity by discouraging productivity killing internet use behavior; tighter network security by safeguarding sensitive corporate information from network-borne viruses, worms, Trojans, identity theft and internet scams; reduces the complexity and cost of internet monitoring; and cost-effective creation of Internet usage policies customized for each company’s needs. In the enterprise sector, enterprise mobility is driving the adoption of cloud-based filtering solutions, while increasing use of Web 2.0, emails and instant messaging (IM) is driving the need for spam and IM filtering tools. Adoption of complimentary endpoint web filtering technique is a key trend in this sector. Under this scenario, businesses are stepping up their investments in web security, earmarking budgets for legacy system upgrades and are renewing efforts to ensure compliance to data safety and security regulations. The United States represents the largest market worldwide supported by strong regulations aimed at ensuring privacy of customer data held by enterprises. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 20.2% through the analysis period, led by strong development of regional economies, rise in the number of smart Internet connected homes, advancements in enterprise networking, increasing adoption of e-governance in the public sector and subsequent rise in investments in cutting edge IT infrastructure particularly in emerging markets such as China and India.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- TitanHQ Enters into Strategic Alliance with Datto for Providing its Innovative Cloud-based Web Filtering Solution to Datto MSPs
- Smoothwall Acquires Future Digital in a Bid to Expand its Existing Portfolio of Safeguarding and Filtering Solutions
- Fortinet Acquires Bradford Networks to Provide Large Enterprise with Broader Visibility and Security for Their Complex Networks
- Huisman Selects Forcepoint’s Human-Centric Cybersecurity Approach and Cloud-Based Security Platform
- Palo Alto Networks® Acquires Secdo in a Move to Integrate Secdo's EDR Capabilities into the Former’s Platform
Product Definition & Scope
- Web content filtering, also called information filtering, refers to a program that screens as well as restricts availability or access to predetermined web sites, e-mail, file types and/or other information that are deemed objectionable, threat to security and/or affect productivity. In essence, content filtering is a program espoused by corporations, institutions and individuals to sieve content on the Internet allowing legitimate content while preventing sites, files or information that is harmful or inappropriate to the company or the user.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
- Alps System Integration Co., Ltd.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- ContentKeeper Technologies Pty. Ltd.
- Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
- Sangfor Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Symantec Corporation
- Trend Micro Incorporated
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.