The global market for Mobile Learning is projected to reach US$70.1 billion by 2024, driven by the expansion of teaching and learning spaces beyond the traditional classrooms supported by growing internet penetration rates; robust projections for the growth 4G subscribers; and rapid proliferation of internet capable computing devices like smartphones and tablets. Few of the major benefits of mobile learning driving its adoption include unrivalled flexibility in learning; allows use of more interactive learning tools such as videos and podcasts; higher collaborative learning and engagement; multi-device support of mlearning services over PCs and laptops in addition to tablets and smartphones; improved learning productivity by upto 40%; and higher successful completion of studies; higher motivation and additional support provided by online learning communities. Technology developments aimed at seamless implementation of mobile learning projects also remain critical to future market growth. For instance, HTML5 supports easy development of mobile friendly adaptive app designs, games and instructional videos; xAPI is an eLearning software standard that ensures a visually engaging learning model and monitor progress of learners; and responsive design technologies that aid in developing user-friendly learning platforms. Few of the other major factors influencing growth in the market include rising demand for subscription-based mobile learning value-added services (VAS) supported by affordability benefits; need to supplement mainstream formal education and enhance the quality of learning experience in developing countries; intensifying competition for admissions for higher education and poor education quality in schools and the resulting reliance on informal learning; rising prominence of e-books as a key tool in mobile learning; development of innovative mobile learning apps; launch of bite-sized workplace learning and or microlearning curriculum in the enterprise sector. The United States represents the largest market worldwide, supported by the emergence of latest commercial mobile learning technologies such as smart location-based learning apps and smartphone-enabled virtual reality education apps. The Middle East & Africa and Latin America are poised to record the fastest growth over the analysis period, led by the lack of trained teachers and equipment in rural schools and the ensuing rise in demand for self-conducted learning solutions. Governments in developing countries are actively promoting mobile learning solutions as a tool to tackle educational challenges and improve the quality of teaching and learning. Also, the digitalizing lifestyle of the expanding base of affluent middle class population is a key trend changing the rules for education in a networked world.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Saba Software Snaps Up Lumesse in a Move to Become a Transformative Leader in Talent Management
- PeopleFluent and NetDimensions Merge in a Bid to Operate as a Separate Business within Learning Technologies Group plc.
- LTG Acquires PeopleFluent in a Move to Add Exciting New Range of Capabilities to the Former’s Portfolio of Specialist Digital Learning Businesses
- With the Aim to Become Dominant Force in the APAC eLearning Market, Kineo and e3Learning Join Forces
- Pearson Partners with Duolingo to Enhance Mobile Learning in College and Universities in the U.S.
- Apple Announces Schoolwork App Designed to Enable Teachers to Easily Create Assignments and Collaborate One-on-One with Students
Product Definition & Scope
- Mobile learning (m-learning) or mobile education or (m-education) can be defined as the process of learning or providing educational content, using wireless computing technologies and mobile devices. Mobile learning is the delivery of learning content or supporting learning process through the use of mobile devices, such as smartphones tablets, e-readers, handheld gaming consoles and personal digital assistants (PDAs), among others. Considered to be a type of distance learning, mobile learning enables learning across multiple contexts using personal electronic devices through various social and content interactions.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Adobe Inc.
- Apple, Inc.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Blackboard, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Promethean Ltd.
- Saba Software, Inc.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.