Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Amara Raja to Launch New Car Battery Plant in the Andhra Pradesh Corridor in a Move to Solidify its Presence in the Indian Lead Acid Batteries Market
- GS Yuasa Establishes New Company in Myanmar in a Move to Meet Growing Demand for Lead-Acid Storage Batteries in the Region
- Hitachi Chemical to Acquire 43.9% Stake in TSB Company, a Manufacturer of Automotive and Industrial Lead-Acid Storage Batteries in Southeast Asia
- Tydrolyte Introduces New Electrolyte Solution, a Less Toxic Drop-in Replacement for Sulfuric Acid in Lead Batteries
- Exide Launches New Series of Batteries Including Premium Offering ‘Epiq’ with Six-Year Warranty
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Automotive Lead Acid Batteries in the Aftermarket will remain the largest segment, followed by Original Equipment Market.
- Within the Aftermarket/Replacement Market, Passenger Cars are projected to witness the fastest growth driven by increasing motorization rates and rising average age of cars.
Product Definition & Scope
- Defined as a rechargeable electrochemical device that provides electric power to the engine and all of the on-board electronics, an automotive battery represents the heart of a vehicle’s electrical system. A battery for an average passenger car is a 12-volt battery of six cells. Lead acid batteries are designed to produce electricity through a series of chemical reactions and processes. When the engine is off, the battery supply the electricity required to power lighting and other electrical accessories in the car. The primary function of the battery is to provide power to operate the starter motor, providing short bursts of high power for the ignition system during engine cranking. When the engine is running and the electrical load exceeds the ability of the alternator to supply energy, the battery provides supplementary power.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America) and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- End-Use Segments:
- Original Equipment Market (Motorcycles, Passenger Cars, & Commercial Vehicles), and Aftermarket/Replacement Market (Motorcycles, Passenger Cars, & Commercial Vehicles).
- AC Delco Corporation
- B.B. Battery
- Camel Group Co., Ltd.
- Exide Technologies
- FIRST NATIONAL BATTERY
- GS Yuasa Corporation
- Lion Batteries Holdings Pty Ltd.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.