The global market for Private Tutoring Services is forecast to reach US$260.7 billion by 2024, driven by the emergence of shadow education as a global phenomenon as a result of the inadequacy of mainstream school systems, growing pressure on students to improve overall grades, rising student preference for individualized self-paced academic tutoring plans, and the need to acquire competency and knowledge skills to compete in the tough and competitive labor market. The cornerstone for growth in the market is the high unmet student needs especially in developing countries and; growing perception of education as an investment in human capital with payoffs in the form of well-paying jobs, higher remuneration, improved social standing and success in personal and professional life. Few of the benefits of private supplementary tutoring services driving their adoption as the most effective academic-support strategy include one-on-one engagement; provision of a customized learning environment unique to the learning preferences of each child; flexibility in adopting personalized study techniques; provides a positive learning environment; better ability to match tutor skills with student need; improved performance in mainstream exams and test; and reduced distractions and intimidations from other pupils; superior learning experience. Major factors influencing growth in the market include growing proportion of household income on education; rapid evolution of shadow education curriculum to keep up with formal education; rise of online tutoring supported by the increase in internet penetration, easy access to high-speed internet due to falling mobile data tariffs, and growing smartphone and tablet sales; and importance placed by society and parents on scholastic achievement and educational budget cuts by deficit laden governments that reduce funding for public schools and education systems. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 9.6% over the analysis period. The growth in the region is led by factors such as growing importance of education especially in developing economies which offer attractive opportunities for skilled labor, increasing desire among students to gain admission into prestigious universities, increased spending on private tutoring among the expanding base of educated and affluent middle class population, skilled labor migration into developing economies and the resulting increase in competition in the education and labor markets.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Private Tutoring at Home Launches New Website for Tutoring Services in a Move to Connect Students and Tutors While Offering Quality Services
- Tonara Starts Tonaro 360 Music Tutoring Service in a Move to Fix Music Education by Bringing Joy Back into the Process
- Sallie Mae and Chegg Introduce Study Starter Designed to Give Students Free 24/7 Access to a Suite of Study Support Services from the Chegg Platform
- NWEA and FEV Tutor Partner to Develop Platform for Providing MAP Growth Assessment Results
- Varsity Tutors Acquires First Tutors in a Move to Expand its Presence in the International Market
Product Definition & Scope
- Private tutoring is defined as training given by tutors in various academic subjects for a financial gain. Such tutoring is in addition to the education received through mainstream schooling. Extracurricular subjects or extra lessons, offered on a voluntary basis by family members or schoolteachers, are not included in private tutoring. Private tutoring is aimed at improving a student’s learning capabilities. Tutoring involves a tutee and a tutor wherein a tutee is an individual who learns from a tutor.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Greece, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), and Rest of World
- Ambow Education Holding Ltd.
- Daekyo Co., Ltd.
- Educomp Solutions Ltd.
- Kaplan, Inc.
- Mandarin House
- TAL Education Group
- New Oriental Education and Technology Group
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.