The global market for Air Traffic Control (ATC) Equipment is projected to reach US$6.2 billion by 2024, driven by the stable outlook for the commercial aviation industry as measured in terms of increased spending on air travel and rise in passenger traffic; increase in flight frequencies; growth and expansion of airline companies supported by deregulation initiatives worldwide; opening up of additional airspace for commercial flights; and airport operator focus on cost reduction and operational efficiencies. As part of the robust increase in aviation infrastructure investments are aircraft fleet and airport hub expansions, leading to crowded skies and air traffic congestion. Drawbacks of air traffic congestion include flight delays; stranded passengers, lower customer satisfaction and aviation experience; increase in average wastage of fuel per flight operation; and reduced airspace safety and higher risk of air traffic accidents such as mid-air collision as a result of increasing number of aircraft flying in the same airspace. Inefficient air traffic control and management systems and technologies can compound and magnify these drawbacks thus fueling the need for new generation ATC systems capable of processing more traffic per hour, easing ground delays and increasing safety. Policy led commitment to upgrade aging aviation infrastructure in developed countries like the U.S also spells attractive opportunities for growth. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the U.S. is busy in the midst of a planned over US$35 billion upgrade of the country’s air-traffic control system. This initiative which boosts the FAA’s contract spending ability bodes well for ATC equipment market in the country. Europe and the U.S represent large markets worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 8.5% over the analysis period led by factors such as healthy economic growth, stable GDP gains, increase in air travel in parallel with the rising affluence of the growing base of middle class population, focus on free and fair trade agreements and the ensuing increase in air freight among emerging economies, government policy led increase in airport infrastructure development and implementation of stringent aviation safety regulations. Few of the factors influencing passenger traffic growth in the region include lower fuel prices, reductions in air fares, and increase in business and recreational travel as a result of improving economic conditions.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Searidge Technologies and GCAA Sign MoU for Studying AI in Air Traffic Management
- Frequentis and GCAA Sign MoU in a Move to Support Current and Future Developments in Airspace Management
- Rohde & Schwarz Bags Contract from CAAS for ATC Radio Communications System at Singapore Changi Airport
- Rohde & Schwarz Signs MoU with COCESNA in a Move to Equip Airports with its Communications Technology
- Indra Completes Modernization of Main Control Center in Georgia to Reinforce the Center's Capabilities & Manage the Double-Digit Increases in Air Traffic
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, ATC Communications Equipment will remain the largest market, followed by ATC Navigation Equipment.
- ATC Surveillance Equipment is one of the fastest growing markets driven by continuous increase in air traffic coupled with the growing focus on safe travel.
Product Definition & Scope
- The air traffic facility includes equipment used by the air traffic controllers for daily operations. The equipment is designed to interact with the other in the center/tower environment, even though it has a specific and defined function. The ATC system is designed to assist in safe, orderly and swift flow of air traffic. The air traffic controllers are engaged in providing services to the aircrafts from several facilities located at different places around the world.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Segments:
- Air Traffic Control Communications Equipment, Air Traffic Control Navigation Equipment, and Air Traffic Control Surveillance Equipment
- BAE Systems plc
- Cobham Plc
- Frequentis AG
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Raytheon Company
- Searidge Technologies, Inc.
- Thales Group
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.