This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Weight Control Products in US$ by the following Product Types: Meal Replacements, Weight Loss Beverages, and Weight Loss Supplements.
The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2016 through 2024. Also, a five-year historic analysis is provided for these markets.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Market data and analytics are derivedThe global market for Weight Control Related Food and Beverage Products is projected to reach US$30.9 billion by 2024, driven by the growing wave of obesity sweeping through countries worldwide and increasing consumer shift towards non-invasive fat reduction treatments. Leading causes for obesity include globalization of unhealthy lifestyles including western styled carbohydrates rich diets and physical inactivity in urban areas; rising incidence of chronic disease conditions such as hypothyroidism, diabetes, poly cystic ovaries; and genetics. Weight loss and maintenance represent long-term strategies that provide a steady flow of demand for weight control products, especially nonprescription weight-loss products. Growing awareness over the risks, complications and side effects of bariatric surgery such as dilation of esophagus; bowel obstruction; chronic acid reflux; stomach or intestine ulceration; low blood sugar; spleen or other organ injury; pulmonary and cardiac complications, is leading to increased interest in safe, healthy and natural weight loss products. Acceptance and adoption of professional weight loss services and body transformation programs is being driven by improved understanding of the comorbid conditions and risks of obesity such as heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, gallbladder disease and gallstones, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, kidney failure, fatty liver diseases and cancer. The market stands to especially benefit from technology innovations such as satiety innovations aimed at promoting fullness and controlling hunger; low calorie foods with artificial sweeteners; breakthrough food innovations incorporating functional ingredients and natural extracts such as green tea extract, and extracts of guarana, and ginger root or garcinia cambogia, among numerous others that naturally help fix hormones that control appetite and fat storage. As the most obese nation in the world, the United States represents the largest market worldwide, followed by Europe. Per capita expenditure on weight loss and weight control products in these regions is witnessing strong growth as consumers focus on leading healthy and active lifestyles and exhibit willingness to pay a premium for high-quality, nutritious food. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 6.6% over the analysis period, led by growing obesity among the newly emerging base of affluent middle class population amid changing dietary habits, Westernization of Asian diets and widespread availability of energy-dense palatable foods.
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Avivagen Inks Strategic Distribution Agreement with Viphavet in a Move to Market Vivamune™ Health Chews in Vietnam
- Glanbia to Acquire SlimFast Brand in a Bid to Expand its Glanbia Performance Nutrition Portfolio in the U.S. and the UK
- OptiBiotix Partners with Formulation Creations to Distribute SlimBiome® in South Africa
- Optibiotix Enters into Distribution Agreement with Cambridge Commodities in a Bid to Supply SlimBiome in the UK
- With the Aim to Gain Rights for Marketing, Selling and Distributing GNC Products in Australia, Rapid Nutrition Enters into Agreement with GNC
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Beverages will remain the largest market, followed by Meal Replacements.
- Meal Replacement products are projected to witness the fastest growth given the ability of these products to mimic satiety of complete meals while simultaneously being low in calorie and rich in proteins
Product Definition & Scope
- Weight control products comprise food, beverage, and related supplements that facilitate decline in the total body mass index (BMI). Reduction in total body mass (BMI) with the objective of achieving health and fitness or for slimming purpose is primarily targeted at reducing body fat, body fluid, body mass including bone minerals or muscle tissue, and ligament tissue, among others. The various food and beverage related options that are widely available for achieving weight loss in an easier, quicker, cost-friendly, reliable, or painless way include, but are not limited to, low-calorie diets, increased consumption of fiber, and reduced consumption of fats, processed carbohydrates, sugars, and alcohol, among others.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America) and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Types:
- Meal Replacements, Weight Loss Beverages, and Weight Loss Supplements.
- Abbott Nutrition
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Iovate Health Sciences International, Inc.
- Nutrisystem, Inc.
- PepsiCo, Inc.
- The Kraft Heinz Company
- The Nature's Bounty Co.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth. from primary and secondary research. Company profiles are primarily based on public domain information including company URLs.
The report profiles 98 companies including many key and niche players such as -
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
Coca-Cola Company The
Global Healing Center
Herbalife International of America, Inc.