Our "Key Trends in Cultural Tourism", report analyses the cultural tourism segment, including a discussion on the types of consumers interested in cultural tourism while traveling, how to target this market, what the future holds for the industry, as well as a deep dive into key trends in this tourism segment.
Globalization, cultural tourism provides travelers an opportunity to have more distinctive souvenir experiences, which often gives them a sense of achievement. It creates opportunities for travelers to develop their potential by actively participating in local culture courses offered by tourist providers. However, there is no one typical consumer segment given the diversity in cultural tourists - they can be a group of individuals, a family, a couple, or solo travelers. Cultural tourism can be considered a modern form of pilgrimage tourism, which represents a specific type of cultural values and consumption. In other words, pilgrimage tourism is a subset of cultural tourism as both are interlinked with ancient devotional itineraries.
- Trends such as stay like a local, social connectivity, cultural gastronomy, cultural heritage tourism and pilgrimages and religious tourism are expected to remain highly influential within cultural tourism.
- our operators must tap into this tourism trend by building packages around destinations that are globally known for their rich cultural history, such as the Caribbean, Europe, and Asia. To ensure the success of such offerings, operators must combine cultural tourism aspects with other emerging trends such as voluntourism, ecotourism and wellness, transformative, and adventure tourism. This will create a complete tourism experience, allowing the industry to benefit from word of mouth recommendations.
Reasons To Buy
- This report provides readers with insight into cultural tourism, a rapidly growing segment within the travel industry.
- As globalization is intensifying and consumers are more willing to explore different cultural is expected to become an ever important component of holidays.
- Given that the strong growth of this sector will continue in the future, capitalizing on this highly valuable market should be a goal for industry players.