The digital advertising market will face regulatory pressure on several fronts in 2020, with legislators targeting controversial areas including data privacy, tax avoidance, copyright, misinformation, online harm, and antitrust. While the debate is focused on the behavior of the tech giants, like Google and Facebook, the impact could be more significant for smaller, less diversified advertising technology (adtech) companies, which lack the resources of their larger rivals.
Effective use of technology will be key for advertisers desperate to engage the younger generation. Artificial intelligence (AI) will be increasingly used to make ads more personalized and targeted, while the importance of social media as a means of driving engagement cannot be underestimated.
This report provides information on key themes that will impact the advertising sector over the next two years, including AI, streaming platforms, AR, ad fraud, esports, data privacy, and copyright.
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and identify the leading and lagging companies.
- It includes a theme map that shows the 50 biggest themes driving growth in the advertising sector.
- It explains how some of the largest listed players in the sector have performed over the last three years.
- It looks at major technology and macro-economic trends impacting the advertising sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures.
- Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector.
- However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries. This advertising sector scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the industry over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their market.