Enhanced oil recovery (EOR) can be defined as thermal or compositional transformation of either the hydrocarbons or reservoir rock to aid in the recovery of additional volumes. The need to deploy EOR in oil and gas industry primarily arises because, at times, an external stimulus is necessary to displace hydrocarbons trapped in geological formations. The right type of EOR, when applied to hydrocarbon reserves, can greatly improve the production from mature fields, thereby increasing the operational life and economic value of such fields.
- The report analyses the impact of EOR as a theme on the oil & gas industry.
- The report discusses how oil and gas companies are increasingly turning to EOR to boost the production of hydrocarbons, especially crude oil, in order to ensure sufficient supply in global markets.
- The report analyses how EOR is emerging as an essential technique in the oil and gas industry
- The report further shows how technological improvements and development of new materials are considerably improving the results from EOR programs and delivering greater economic returns for oilfield operators.
Reasons To Buy
- To understand the major trends in EOR in the oil and gas industry.
- To provide an industry analysis, explaining the developments happening in major oil and gas producing markets around the world driving the demand for EOR
- To understand the value chain for EOR within the oil and gas industry
- To know more about some of the key companies in the EOR theme.