Global oil consumption is estimated to be 98.2 million barrels (bbl) per day in 2017, and is forecast to reach over 100 million bbl per day by Q3 2018. Oil and Gas production is determined by fluctuating prices, demand and investment. The agreement between the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and Russia to reduce output by 1.2 million bbl per day, together with Russia’s reduction by 600,000 bbl per day, has helped to rebalance supply and demand, and has revitalized investment in the oil and gas industry.
Global Oil and Gas construction projects pipeline stands at US$3.8 trillion with optimism returning to the sector as oil price increases stimulate project investment. In terms of the project pipeline value, the Americas accounts for the highest share with US$1.24 trillion, equivalent to 32% of the total global total. Asia-Pacific has projects valued at US$1.03 trillion, while Europe has a project pipeline of US$458.7 billion, trailing the other regions.
Cost cutting and efficiency improvements in production demanded by the period of lower oil prices have created lower break even points suited to a competitive oil market.
The report "Project Insight: Global Oil and Gas Construction Projects", provides detailed market analysis, information and insights based on oil and gas projects across the globe. The report provides detailed metrics on global and the regions’ oil and gas construction projects split by country, type (e.g. pipeline, refinery), stage and value. Detailed metrics are also provided for the top 10 countries.
- Analysis based total project values and analysis by stage and funding for the top ten countries.
- Top 50 global projects by country, stage, value of oil and gas related construction.
- Ranked listings of the key operators for the sector including leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners.
- Top 10 country profiles including Canada, the US and Russia.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insight into the development of the oil and gas construction sector.
- Assess all major projects by value, start date, scope and stage of development globally, for the regions and top 10 countries to support business development activities.
- Plan campaigns by country based on specific project opportunities and align resources to the most attractive markets.