“Growth in the medical devices, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industries to drive the growth of the bioburden testing market”
The bioburden testing market is projected to reach USD 1,103 million by 2023 from USD 614 million in 2018, at a CAGR of 12.4% during the forecast period. A number of factors, such as the growth in the medical devices, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industries; rising safety concerns related to food and beverage products; and the increasing number of product recalls due to microbial contamination are expected to drive the growth of this market during the forecast period. However, the high cost of enumeration instruments is expected to restrain market growth in the coming years.
“Consumables segment to witness the highest CAGR in the bioburden testing products market during the forecast period”
Based on product, the bioburden testing market is segmented into consumables and instruments.
The consumables market is further segmented into culture media, reagents, and kits, and other consumables, while the market for instruments is further categorized as automated microbial identification systems, PCR instruments, microscopes, and other instruments. In 2018, the consumables segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period, majorly due to the recurrent purchase of kits and reagents, as opposed to instruments which are considered as a one-time investment.
“Aerobic count segment to account for the largest share of the bioburden testing market, by test type”
Based on test type, the bioburden testing market is segmented into aerobic count, anaerobic count, fungi/mold count, and spore count. In 2018, the aerobic count segment is expected to account for the largest share of the bioburden testing market, by test type. This segment is also expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Growth in this segment can be attributed to the necessity of performing aerobic count tests in order to ensure the safety of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products.
“North America to dominate the bioburden testing market during the forecast period”
North America is expected to account for the largest share of the bioburden testing market in 2018. The large size of the North American biotechnology industry will aid in the growth of the bioburden testing market in this region. However, the Asian market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Strong investments and rapid growth in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries will drive the growth of the bioburden testing market in this region.
The primary interviews conducted for this report can be categorized as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1: 37%, Tier 2: 22%, and Tier 3: 41%
- By Designation: C-level: 25%, D-level: 20%, and Others: 55%
- By Region: North America: 40%, Europe: 27%, Asia: 20%, and the RoW: 13%
List of Companies Profiled in the Report
- Charles River (US)
- Merck KGaA (Germany)
- SGS SA (Switzerland)
- WuXi AppTec (China)
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (US)
- NAMSA (US)
- Nelson Laboratories, LLC (US)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (US)
- biomrieux SA (France)
- Pacific BioLabs (US)
- This report provides a picture of the global bioburden testing market. It aims at estimating the size and future growth potential of the market across different segments, such as product, application, test type, end user, and region.
- The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key market players, along with their company profiles, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report
- The report will help market leaders/new entrants by providing them the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall bioburden testing market and its subsegments.
- Also, this report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitive landscape and gain more insights to better position their business and make suitable go-to-market strategies.
- It will also enable stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.