This research study covers the global market for adhesives and sealants used for biomedical applications. Adhesives and sealants in this study cover synthetic products such as cyanoacrylates, polyethylene glycol, and acrylates, along with their natural counterparts such as collagen, fibrin, and albumin. It also covers specific product trends related to hydrogels. Moreover, the brand mapping in the study gives a clear picture of the market competition. The biomedical applications refer to internal applications, external applications, dental care, and orthopedic and ophthalmological care. The study covers only skin-related applications and does not include adhesives and sealants used in medical devices. The internal applications cover cardio, pulmonary, vascular, and neurological surgeries, while the external applications cover wound care and tissue bonding.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
The study includes regional market analysis for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. Following are some of the key findings of the market.
- Certain products such as cyanoacrylates are used for both internal and external applications, whereas products such as hydrogels are exclusively used for internal applications.
- Internal applications are expected to lead the market across all regions.
- Clinical and safety advantages offered by biomedical adhesives and sealants, such as less operating time, lower infection rate, good cosmetic results, immediate wound sealing, and ease of use, over the traditional techniques of sutures and staples are expected to boost the growth of the biomedical adhesives and sealants market during the forecast period.
- Factors such as regulatory issues, long gestation period, and time-consuming, detail-oriented, and expensive documentation create high market-entrance barriers.
- The global biomedical adhesives and sealants market is consolidated among 3 global participants’ highly regarded products and service offerings, enabling them to retain their market positions.
- North America held the majority share of the global biomedical adhesives and sealants market. However, Asia-Pacific is likely to witness the highest growth rates during the forecast period.
- Revenue growth in developing countries will be boosted if companies could offer biomedical adhesives and sealants at lower prices, as the substitute technologies are more cost effective and, hence, acquire a majority of the market share.
- Market participants are focusing on developing natural products with prolonged shelf life to meet the rising demand from the import-driven regions of Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Mexico.
- Providing quality products at lower prices will eventually help in improving the adoption rates in emerging regions. This will further accelerate the demand for biomedical adhesives and sealants in the emerging regions.