This report addresses the emerging global market for metamaterials, including the classes listed below. The common thread uniting this diverse group of materials is that they are all artificial materials with characteristics usually not found in nature, and they owe these characteristics to their structure rather than to their constituent element or elements.
- Artificial dielectrics.
- Negative-refraction media.
- Active terahertz (THz) materials (i.e., metamaterials that respond magnetically to far-infrared or THz electromagnetic radiation).
- Chiral materials.
- Photonic crystals.
- Superconducting metamaterials.
- Extreme-parameter metamaterials (i.e., metamaterials with internal structures that have been modified or engineered on a molecular or nanoscale level to impart extraordinary strength, flexibility or other characteristics).
- Acoustic metamaterials.
- 64 data tables
- An overview of the global market for metamaterials and other emerging technologies
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2028
- Details of major types of metamaterials, their sub categories and applications in different industry segments
- Quantification of the market potential for each short-listed metamaterial by application and identification of the main prerequisites for commercial success
- Coverage of historical milestones and significant patents in the development of metamaterials
- Assessment of the market drivers for each type of metamaterial and evaluation of obstacles to their successful commercialization and projection of their future sales
- Detailed profiles of leading market players within the market, including BAE Systems plc, Metamaterial Technologies Inc., Newport Corp., NKT Photonics A/S and Photonic Lattice Inc.