Large enterprises originally invested in security technology, mainly in dedicated on premise hardware appliances to protect specific infrastructure points. As a first step, Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) offerings included the set up and management of these hardware appliances. Currently, a number of security services are migrating from dedicated hardware solutions to cloud-based security services. Cloud security services can be provided as a single feature of a Managed Security Services (MSS) solution or as part of a larger, integrated Managed Security Services (MSS) package.
Traditionally most MSSPs charged large upfront fees for equipment and setup, along with a low recurring monthly fee for services and support. Currently, we are observing a change in this trend towards MSS fee structures that involve low (or no) initial costs and higher monthly fees, usually as part of a contract period of several years. This pricing model accommodates better with the SMB clients and usually are services delivered with cloud based solutions.
After being traditionally driven by large enterprises, the global managed security services market is seeing rising demand from small and medium companies that are experiencing an escalating threat environment.
Traditional IT service providers (ITSPs) such as IBM and Unisys usually target large multinational companies and charge upfront and monthly service support fees. Telcos are harnessing their in-country presence and existing enterprise customer relationships as a competitive advantage when targeting local large and SMB clients with MSS solutions. For a successful go-to-market strategy, telcos are also turning their Managed Security Services (MSS) offerings into standard solutions that are paid for on a monthly basis (without upfront fees for hardware and implementation).
The report "Managed Security Services: Business Models", provides an executive-level overview with qualitative insights and analysis of the Managed Security Services (MSS) market drivers, inhibitors and trends.
This report provides an executive-level overview with qualitative insights and analysis of the Managed Security Services (MSS) market drivers, inhibitors and trends. It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Framework, definition, and service value of the Managed Security Services (MSS) in the region.
- Business Models of Managed Security Services (MSS).
- Summary of key findings and opportunities in the Managed Security Services (MSS) market.
Reasons To Buy
- This Global Outlook Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of MSS markets trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- The report examines the key MSS business models.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in the evolving MSS market.