The Asia-Pacific make-up sector, valued at US$15,284.5 million in 2018, is forecast to reach US$21,663.5 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.2% during 2018-2023. The Asia-Pacific represented the second-largest market for make-up products, followed by Americas. Per capita consumption of make-up products in the region stood at 0.3 units in 2017, while per capita expenditure stood at US$4.5 in the same year. The face make-up category held the largest value share of 50.5% in 2018, and is forecast to record a CAGR of 7.2% during 2018-2023. Lip make-up, the second largest category, registered total value sales of US$4,258.2 million in 2018.
A considerable number of consumers in Asia-Pacific enjoy high disposable incomes and lead busy lifestyles by virtue of high urbanization in the region. Among the high potential countries, China was the largest make-up market (US$4,263.9 million), and is expected to register a CAGR of 10.4% during 2018-2023. The top five brands in the Asia-Pacific make-up sector held a value share of 27.5% in 2018. Maybelline led the sector, with 8.8% share in 2018, followed by Shiseido (7.9%), Kanebo (5.1%), L’Or?al Paris (3.5%), and M.A.C (2.2%). Private label accounted for a share of 1.4% in the same year.
Department stores was the leading distribution channel in the Asia-Pacific make-up market, with a total value share of 21.5% in 2018, followed by health & beauty stores with a 17.2% share. As for packaging formats, rigid plastics accounted for the largest share of pack material in the Asia-Pacific make-up sector, with a volume share of 75.3% in 2018. Among the key pack types used in the make-up sector, specialty container accounted for a share of 83.5%, whereas screw top was the most commonly used closure type, with 11.5% volume share during 2018.
The report "Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Make-Up Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region’s make-up sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
Companies mentioned: L’Or?al S.A.; Shiseido Company, Limited; Kao; Amorepacific Corporation; The Est?e Lauder Companies Inc; LG Corp; LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton; Coty, Inc.; Revlon, Inc.; KOSE Corporation
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific make-up sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of sector size and value and volume growth analysis, across regions.
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of make-up by categories across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- High potential countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of top four high potential countries in the Asia-Pacific region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Asia-Pacific region, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for make-up across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region, in 2018. It covers the following distribution channels: department stores, health & beauty stores , hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers , parapharmacies/drugstores, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers”, convenience stores, chemists/pharmacies, direct sellers and others
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2011-2023) for various pack materials, pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of make-up.
Reasons To Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.