With the advent of automotive intelligent lighting solution, lighting manufacturers enable automotive OEMs to offer enhanced active safety features, such as adaptive lighting and improved interior lighting such as intelligent ambient lighting, to consumers. The constant evolution of the technologies such as adaptive lighting and intelligent ambient lighting is bound to expand many other applications such as adaptive rear lamp, adaptive indicators, and adaptive parking light, among others. The major driving force behind the rising adoption of adaptive lighting and intelligent ambient lighting are stringent safety rules and regulation by government of different countries and rise in demand of comfort and luxury. The automotive adaptive lighting market has grown extensively and is on the transition from traditional lighting technologies such as halogen and xenon to LED. Energy efficient LED lighting sources are gaining popularity due to stringent government regulation on vehicular emissions. The rapid decline in LED prices is also encouraging the automotive manufacturers for the development of LEDs for different applications in vehicles such as interior/ ambient lighting.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
The demand for automotive intelligent lighting varies according to various geographical regions. The automotive intelligent lighting market holds a prominent share in various countries of North America, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Europe, and Rest-of-the-World (RoW). Geographically, Europe led the global automotive intelligent lighting market in 2017 in terms of value. Additionally, APAC region is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period (2018-2023). Growing automotive industry, rising disposable income, and increasing manufacturing facilities are some of the factors contributing to the market growth in the APAC region.
The global automotive intelligent lighting market has witnessed several strategic and technological developments in the past few years, undertaken by the different market players to attain their respective market shares in this emerging domain. Some of the strategies covered in this section are product launches & development, business expansion, partnerships and collaborations, and mergers and acquisitions. The preferred strategy for the companies has been business expansion in order to strengthen their position in the global automotive intelligent lighting market.
The key market players in the global automotive intelligent lighting market are General Electric, Gropo Antolin, Hella GmbH & Co. KGaA, Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd, Ichikoh Industries, Ltd., J W Speaker Corporation, Koito Manufacturing Co. Ltd, Magneti Marelli S.p.A, OSRAM GmbH, Signify Holding, Stanley Electric Co. Ltd, Valeo Group, Varroc Group, and Zizala Lichtsysteme GmbH.
The report is a compilation of different segments of the global automotive intelligent lighting market including market breakdown by technology, intelligent lighting type, vehicle type, end-market, and region. The report further takes into consideration the market dynamics and the competitive landscape. The report also discusses in detail about the key participants involved in the industry. The report answers the following questions about the global automotive intelligent lighting market:
Key questions answered in the report
- What is automotive intelligent lighting?
- How big is the automotive intelligent lighting (adaptive headlight and intelligent ambient lighting) market in terms of revenue and what is the CAGR (2018-2023)?
- What is the revenue generated by the different technologies such as halogen, xenon, and LED?
- What is the revenue generated by the different vehicle type such as two-wheelers, passenger cars, and commercial vehicle?
- What is the revenue generated by the different end-market such as original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and aftermarket?
- What is the revenue generated by the different regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World (RoW)?
- What are the major technological trends, which would affect the market ecosystem?
- Which are the key companies operating in the automotive intelligent lighting market?
- Which global factors are likely to impact the automotive intelligent lighting market?
- What are the key market strategies adopted by the automotive intelligent lighting market players?