The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"IoT Market Forecast and Growth Opportunities", a thematic research report by GlobalData, examines the global IoT market size and opportunity for telcos that are looking to profit from the IoT opportunity.
Telcos have already perceived the need to expand their portfolio beyond connectivity to monetize the growing IoT market opportunity. To develop an IoT-focused portfolio telcos are engaging in partnerships, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions of different stakeholders that are part of the IoT ecosystem, including network vendors, technology providers, application developers and start-ups.
The report is structured as follows -
- Section 1: Taxonomy and Market Context; a look at the IoT definitions.
- Section 2: IoT Revenue Forecast; an analysis of global IoT market size, forecast and opportunities for telcos.
- Section 3: Findings and recommendations; we conclude the report with a set of key findings and critical considerations and recommendations for telcos pursuing the IoT opportunity.
- By 2023, the global IoT enterprise market is forecasted to reach $318 billion, which is a 245% increase over 2018.
- Globally, operators are forecast to receive over $6bn in NB-IoT connectivity revenues by 2018.
- Government, utilities and manufacturing are the key industries for IoT, accounting for over 50% of market spend.
Reasons To Buy
- This Thematic Report provides a comprehensive examination of the global IoT market size to help executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesn’t, formulate effective product development plans and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
- The report discusses opportunities in the IoT market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for telcos and vendors.
- With more than 15 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the different approaches that telcos can adopt to foster their presence within the IoT value chain and ecosystem.