Thermoelectric materials have been a topic of massive research and development since a long time, as they follow the principle of converting waste heat into usable electricity. Usage of this niche technology in various end-user industries such as automobiles, industrial, and healthcare might result in proper utilization of energy, which would eventually result in decreasing the demand for energy resources. Various environment regulations lead factories to cut down on their production limits due to excessive greenhouse gas emissions. Thermoelectric materials contribute in the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions which has become a major area of focus in the global scenario. Although at an emerging state, thermoelectric materials have been used in several pilot projects to test their feasibility and efficiency. Many companies such as Panasonic Corporation and Hitachi Ltd., among others are actively engaged in the research and development of thermoelectric materials given their high potential.
Bismuth telluride, lead telluride, and silicon germanium are some of the thermoelectric materials widely used in the end-user industries. Bismuth telluride is the traditionally used thermoelectric material owing to its features. It is an alloy made of bismuth and telluride. It could be found in various forms such as in pieces, powder, lump, ingots, and chunks, among others. It can be used as a thermoelectric material and utilized in power generation device or cooling modules such as refrigerator. It also finds its application in topological insulators.
The global thermoelectric materials market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.49% and 9.09% between 2018 and 2023 in terms of value and volume, respectively.
The report is a compilation of different segments of the global thermoelectric materials market, including market breakdown by type, application, and geographical areas. Herein the revenue generated from the types (bismuth telluride, lead telluride, and silicon germanium), application (healthcare, automotive, industrial, electrical and electronics, and others), and geographies (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World) are tracked to calculate the overall market size both in terms of value ($thousand) and volume (metric tons). While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a detailed summary of the global thermoelectric materials market. It also includes the key participants involved in the industry at the relevant sections.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What was the size, in terms of value ($thousand) and volume (metric tons), of the thermoelectric materials market in 2017, and what will be the growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What will be the market size of different types of thermoelectric materials (by value and volume) and their growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What will be the market size of different types of applications in the thermoelectric materials market (by value and volume) and their growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What will be the market size for different regions and countries in terms of value and volume in the thermoelectric materials market and their growth rate in the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What are the major driving forces that tend to increase the demand for thermoelectric materials in various end-user industries during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global thermoelectric materials market?
- What is the competitive strength of key players in the global thermoelectric materials market by analyzing through market share analysis?
- Who are the key players (along with their detailed analysis and profiles including their financials, company snapshots, key products and services, and SWOT analysis) in the market?
The report further includes a thorough analysis of the impact of the Porter’s Five Forces to understand the overall attractiveness of the industry. The most commonly used strategy for developing a better hold on the market has been through business expansions. Moreover, the company profile section highlights significant information about the key companies involved along with their financial positions, key strategies, and developmental activities in recent years.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive analysis of the geographical split into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest-of-the-World. Each geography details the individual driving and restraining forces in addition to the key players from that region. This report is a meticulous compilation of research on more than 100 players in the global thermoelectric materials market and draws upon the insights from in-depth interviews with the key opinion leaders of more than 50 leading companies, market participants, and vendors. The report also profiles approximately 15 companies with their financial analysis, SWOT, and product portfolio.
The company profiles in the report include Hitachi Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, Norilsk Nickel, EVERREDtronics Ltd., Ferrotec (USA) Corporation., Jingyi Metal Material (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., KELK Ltd., Marlow Industries, Inc., P&N Technology (Xiamen) Co., Ltd., Reade International Corp., Sigma Aldrich Corporation, TECTEG MFR., TEGma AS, Thermonamic Electronics(Jiangxi) Corp., Ltd., and TOSHIBA MATERIALS CO., LTD.