The global market for Helical Submerged Arc Welded (HSAW) Pipes is projected to exceed 10.6 million tons by 2024, led by the resurgence in infrastructure construction projects and CAPEX investments in oil and gas exploration, production and transportation pipelines. Few of the benefits of HSAW pipes driving its preference over traditional longitudinal welded pipes (LSAW) pipes include lower cost; higher performance; greater versatility; overlapping inner and outer spiral weld design enhance pressure bearing resistance; high impact toughness; availability in assorted diameters and lengths of steel; good ductility; corrosion resistance; and smooth weld shapes. Advantages of utilizing submerged arc welding (SAW) as a technique to join seam edges large diameter pipes include safer for production workers at it reduces the risk of splattering and splashing of hot materials; lower risk of radiation emission; enables rapid welding of multiple thin metal sheets; high repeatability of the procedure; high heat concentration and higher welding speeds; uniform deposition of weld metal. In addition to construction and oil gas, other emerging application areas offering opportunities for growth include hydrocarbon and process industry, water and sewerage, pipe piling, structural and industrial applications. Few of the other noteworthy factors influencing growth in the market include creaking global infrastructure and increasing government policy led support for upgrades and modernization of aging water and oil pipeline infrastructure and the ensuing projected rise in replacement demand; changing energy mix, increase in natural gas production and increased growth opportunities for HSAW pipes in the oil & gas sector; and rising inter-regional supply of oil and gas and the ensuing demand for large outside diameter (OD) pipes. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 9.3% over the analysis period, led by rapid urbanization and increased need for energy, water and gas distribution infrastructure. Sanitation and sewerage systems are also expected to receive a boost from denser urban habitations and the move towards smarter cities.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- American SpiralWeld Pipe Expands Spiral-Weld Operations in a Move to Strengthen its Position in Paris
- ArcelorMittal Teams Up with Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation to Acquire the Assets of Essar Steel
- Alfapipe Ghardaia HSAW Pipe Plant Starts Operations for Production of Alfapipe 80” Line of Spiral Welded Pipes
- Evraz North America Commences Production of HSAW Pipes in Saskatchewan in a Move to Modernize Production Process and Shift Production Base from the U.S. to Canada
- Tuberías Procarsa Starts Spiral Pipe Plant from Schuler for the Production of Spiral Pipes and Large-Diameter Pipes
Product Definition & Scope
- Helical Submerged Arc Welded (HSAW) Pipes or spiral weld pipes refer to steel pipes, which consist of a seam that runs along the entire length of the pipe in a spiral form. Spiral pipes are produced by continuously shaping hot sheet or strip into a tube in a spiral forming facility. In this process, a constant bending radius is applied, and abutting strip edges are also continuously welded inline.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Turkey and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia and Rest of Middle East & Africa), and Latin America
- ArcelorMittal SA
- Borusan Mannesmann Boru Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S.
- EVRAZ North America
- JFE Steel Corporation
- Jindal SAW Ltd.
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
- Northwest Pipe Company
- PAO TMK Group
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.