The global market for Continuous Welded Pipes and Tubes is projected to reach 26.5 million tons by 2024, driven by the growing risks of aging global infrastructure amid widening infrastructure gap and the ensuing government focus on modernization, upgrades, replacements, maintenance and rehabilitation. Few of the risks posed by creaking infrastructure such as roads, bridges, dams, sewage system, power lines, oil & gas and water pipelines include disruption in business activity and economic losses; and jeopardizing of public safety and health. Worsening water shortages aggravated due to leakages and wastages and the ensuing replacement of aging water supply systems for residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural sector is expected to drive demand for continuous welded pipes and tubes. Similarly, robust production of natural gas supported by the shale gas revolution in North America, and increased energy trade and piped cross country transport of natural gas and oil will spur demand growth in the market. In the industrial sector, rapid expansion of the manufacturing sector, and increased industrial activity are creating a strong need for piping and tubing systems for industrial boilers, heating and cooling equipment, exhaust and ventilation systems, process pressure lines for transporting aggressive media and chemicals, and effluent discharge systems. Recovering construction industry and improving residential and commercial real estate investments coupled with stringent fire safety regulations are spurring demand for continuous welded pipes for fire sprinkler systems and for scaffolding components and shells for electrical conduits. Asia-Pacific represents the largest market worldwide supported by growing Asian economies with expanding population and infrastructure needs including expansion of water supply networks to address urban water security issues; rapid industrialization and the resulting pipeline need for industrial water and wastewater management and focus on irrigated agriculture in a bid to ensure food security and the ensuing popularity of pressure piped irrigation techniques. The United States ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 7.4% over the analysis period as the federal government doubles its focus on repairing the country’s over half a century old crumbling infrastructure.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Product Definition & Scope
- Continuous welded pipe is defined as a pipe with a single longitudinal seam that is formed through continuous welding process. In this process, skelp (coiled flat steel product) is heated to form a cylinder. Continuous welded pipe are also referred to as Electric Fusion Welding (EFW) pipes. Continuous welding is a type of butt welding technology, in which a seam is created by subjecting the skelp to heat treatment in a furnace, and subsequently pressing the skelp mechanically so as to press the formed edges. The use of continuous welding process leads to the manufacture of steel pipes with outer diameters of up to 4.5”. These pipes (standard) are typically used in low-pressure and mechanical applications such as in steam, gas, water, and air lines. Continuous welded pipes are also used in water wells, sprinkler systems, fencing, and other structural applications.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- JFE Steel Corporation
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
- Wheatland Tube Company
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.