Electric Resistance Welded (ERW) Pipes and Tubes
The global market for Electric Resistance Welded (ERW) Pipes is projected to reach 95.4 million tons by 2024, driven by the rise in infrastructure projects such as water and sewage systems and oil and gas pipeline networks. Recovery in oil prices from the prolonged slump and a parallel improvement in spending on exploration and production (E&P) activities are helping brighten the outlook for oil pipeline infrastructure projects.
Few of the benefits driving the preference for pipelines as a transport and distribution mechanism to get oil-to-market include:
- cost effectiveness as it is decupled from transport fuel prices;
- safer and easier to transport;
- more reliable than rail or road;
- ensures stable supply to remote areas with inadequate road connectivity;
- eliminates the risk of pilferage, spills and wastage;
- reduced risk of environmental disasters;
- consumes less energy and has a relatively smaller carbon footprint compared to rail, road or ship transport;
- proposed pipeline projects are cheaper than the expansion of road transportation infrastructure.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Other major factors also driving growth include aging water, sewage and gas pipeline infrastructure in developed countries and the ensuing need for replacements and upgrades; shale gas exploration growth in North America and the ensuing demand for high strength casing pipes; rapid industrialization in developing countries and the ensuing need for pipeline constructions in new industrial facilities; pressure applications in boilers and oil stills and the ensuing demand for pressure tubings; growing opportunity for ERW Pipes in agriculture in line with the increased adoption of micro irrigation methods; growing concerns over water shortages and the ensuing focus on efficient water management and distribution. Hazardous operation of liquid and natural gas transmission pipelines are encouraging governments worldwide to develop and implement comprehensive pipeline integrity management programs including mandatory continuous assessment of pipelines, which is expected to fuel replacements and upgrades. Asia-Pacific represents the largest market worldwide supported led by factors such as emphasis on smart city initiatives, growing population and increased demand for infrastructure that ensures optimum distribution of resources such as electricity, energy, and water. Densely populated urban cities are also driving demand for underground carriage systems for transporting sewage from buildings and homes. The United States ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 8.2% over the analysis period led by government policy focus on remedying the country’s crumbling infrastructure.
Company and Industry News & Stories
- With the Aim to Strengthen its Position as a Critical American Line Pipe Manufacturer, Dura-Bond Industries Opens Pennsylvania ERW Steel Pipe Mills
- Mitsubishi Corporation Inks Agreement with Vyksa Steel Works for Construction of a Steel Pipe Plant in Russia
- APL Apollo Tubes Opens New Steel Pipes Plant in a Move to Increase Steel Production from 1.3 Million Tonnes to 2 Million Tonnes/Year
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Mechanical Steel Tubing will remain the largest end-use market for ERW Pipes, followed by Line Pipes.
- Oil Country Tubular Goods is projected to witness the fastest growth driven by rise in offshore drilling and exploration activity; additions and repairs of the existing water pipelines by state municipalities; and development of pipelines for petrochemical transmission.
Product Definition & Scope
- Electric Resistance Welded (ERW) pipes are strips of hot rolled steel that are transformed into rolls and later welded through the use of an electric charge. ERW pipes are also referred to as Electric Fusion Welded pipes, as it involves rolling of plate and welding of the seam. In the ERW welding process, two or more surfaces are joined by using high pressure and electromagnetic energy, generally from rolling plates. In places at which the materials connect, molten steel or metal is formed when electrical current is passed, a process that in turn eliminates the need to use filler materials for melting the material together.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- Market Segmentation & Classification
- Mechanical Steel Tubing, Structural Steel Pipes & Tubing, Pressure Tubing, Standard Pipes, Oil Country Tubular Goods, and Line Pipes
- Al Jazeera Steel Products Company SAOG
- APL Apollo Tubes Limited
- ArcelorMittal SA
- EVRAZ North America
- JFE Steel Corporation
- Maharashtra Seamless Limited
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.