The global market for Power Boilers is forecast to exceed 130 thousand MW in terms of annual capacity additions by 2024, driven by the urgent need to replace legacy boilers with next-generation boiler systems and solutions and the resulting popularity of smart power boilers featuring boiler optimization software tools. Key benefits of smart boilers driving their adoption include on-board diagnostics; automated alerts and prompt service scheduling; intelligent control functions and options and superior performance; and ability to integrate IoT through 4th generation HMI/SCADA technologies. Future growth in the market will be driven by steady proliferation of smart power boilers featuring NOx Reduction, fuel flexibility, and improved operational efficiency. Few of the broad factors providing the foundation for growth in the market include rising demand for energy amid growing population, economic development and industrialization; heavy dependence on coal-fired power plants; growing investments in energy infrastructure upgrades; stringent emission regulations and the resulting forced phase out of old non-compliant boiler systems. A key fall out of the focus on environment and climate change is the growing popularity of biomass boilers and boilers powered by renewable energy sources such as solar energy. In addition, energy-efficient technologies such as circulated fluidized bed combustion (CFBC), atmospheric fluidized bed combustion (AFBC), sub-critical boilers and supercritical technology are receiving a boost. Key benefits of biomass boilers include carbon-neutral and environment friendly; cheaper, cost-effective and elimination of uncertainties associated with volatile fossil fuel prices; and suitable for use in smoke-free zones. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a projected CAGR of 4.4% over the analysis period led by rapid industrialization and large carbon footprint in need of immediate remediation; growing stringency of emission norms amidst international pressure to share climate change goals and the resulting opening up of opportunities for energy efficient boilers.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Sumitomo SHI Receives a Contract from Hyundai for Design & Supply of the Daesan Biomass Power Plant Boiler Island
- Outotec to Supply 35MW Power to a Facility in Turkey for a Cost of €55 Million
- GE Power Signs US$1.6 Billion Contract with Elektrownia in a Move to Construct Ostroleka C Plant in Poland
- GE Power Receives Twin Boiler Equipment Orders Worth US$72.4 Million from BHEL for Projects in India
- MHPS Secures Contract from CEPC for the Renewal of 4 Existing Power Generation Boilers with a Rated Output of 1,360 MW
Product Definition & Scope
- Boilers are metal containers with a lid or seal that are used for converting water into steam through boiling process. Power boilers are sealed metal containers designed for generating steam at a steady rate for powering turbines which in turn generate electricity. Utility boilers differ from industrial boilers in terms of boiler design and size. Unlike industrial boilers, utility/power boilers are high pressure high temperature boilers sporting relatively similar designs and are integrated with similar technologies for combustion of fuels, which primarily comprises pulverized coal, natural gas or No.6 oil.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Japan, Europe (Germany, Italy, UK, Russia, Poland, Turkey, Ukraine and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, South Korea, Vietnam, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa (South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa), and Latin America (Chile, Colombia and Rest of Latin America)
- AC Boilers S.p.A.
- ANDRITZ AG
- Bosch Industriekessel GmbH
- Cannon Far East
- GE Power
- Shanghai SMEC Enterprise Co., Ltd.
- Siemens AG
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.