The global market for Planting & Fertilizing Machinery is forecast to reach US$15.5 billion by 2024, driven by the untapped potential offered by low levels of farm automation in developing regions and replacement sales in developed markets supported by continuous innovation and addition to new technology features and functions. A key trend driving sales growth is the need among agriculturists across the globe to hedge the risks posed by worsening labor shortages with automated machinery and meet farm productivity goals to remain competitive and support national level food security goals. Against the backdrop of population growth, the need to increase food production by achieving optimum productivity on limited arable land is rendering mechanization of farming activities a necessity. Benefits of mechanization making it an important national priority in agriculture development include increase in per man productivity; increased production in the form of higher yield of land per unit of area; lower cost of labor and a parallel reduction in cost of production and food prices; aids in better use of land; helps preserve soil fertility and reduce risk of soil erosion; helps farmers shift from ‘subsistence farming’ to ‘commercial agriculture; reduces dependence on labor and decouples the industry from labor shortage risks; higher farm income. Also poised to benefit growth in the market are technology innovations resulting in improvements in design, ease of operation, quality and performance of farm machinery. Few of the noteworthy innovations in planting machinery include integration of advanced sub-systems for high-speed; accurate seed measurement and seed delivery conveyors; liquid/dry fertilizer/nutrient-delivery system; seed blockage detection system to ensure appropriate seed-to-soil interaction for successful seed germination; multi-hybrid planting, among others. Asia-Pacific represents the largest market worldwide supported by the widespread availability of government subsidies, credits and bank financing for machinery. Buoyed by the towering presence of China and India, the region also ranks as the fastest growing market over the analysis period, with projected sales growing at a compounded annual rate of 8.1%.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Deere to Acquire PLA in a Move to Enhance the Former’s Commitment to Provide Innovative, Cost-Effective Equipment, Technology, and Services
- In a Bid to Expand Presence in Mexico, AGCO Opens a New Plant in the Country
- Mahindra & Mahindra Signs a Licensing Agreement with Dewulf for Manufacture and Marketing of Potato Planting Equipment in India
- Great Plains Releases ADC2352 Air Drill Cart Featuring Two 175-Bushel Tanks with a Total Seeding Capacity of 350 Bushel
- Great Plains Launches New YP625A3PP Peanut Planter Optimized for Peanut Planting
Product Definition & Scope
- Planting and fertilizing machinery are machinery/tools/implements used to sow seeds, plant seedlings and applying fertilizers to crops. Seed planting emerged from yesteryear’s all-manual labor to mechanized procedures. Presently, completely mechanized seeding and fertilizing equipment are being used, thanks to the technological advancements in the overall agricultural equipment industry.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia & Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Australia, China, India, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- AGCO Corp.
- Buhler Industries, Inc.
- CNH Industrial N.V.
- Deere & Company
- Great Plains Ag
- Iseki & Co., Ltd.
- Kubota Corporation
- Kuhn Group
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.