The global market for EMI and RFI Shielding Materials and Technologies is forecast to reach US$9 billion by 2024, driven by the rise in electromagnetic pollution caused by the explosive growth of mobile wireless communications and the resulting need to protect digital equipment from unwanted radio-frequency interference.
Also driving growth in the market include:
- popularity of complex stacked chip package structures and multi-chip packages that increase sensitivity of next-generation electronic systems to EMI;
- growing demand for fail-proof and reliable electronics in the current digital era;
- cutting edge developments in shielding materials such as polymer matrix nanocomposites, carbon nanotubes, graphene and intrinsically conducting polymers;
- emerging new uses in electronic displays and photovoltaics (PV) in the form of EMI shielding conductive coatings;
- growing demand for next-generation integrated electronic circuits;
- increased burden of compliance with EMC regulations;
- and lower tolerance to equipment failures in the era of Internet of Things (IoT).
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Automotive applications are forecast to witness strong growth supported by increased integration of electronics in vehicle design as the industry rapidly evolves towards the futuristic concept of software defined cars. Specific factors driving the software load of vehicles and their increasing sensitivity to electromagnetic interference include increased crowding of electronic systems closer together; increased use of GPS receivers, entertainment systems, electronic safety systems & driver assistance systems; launch of hybrid and electric powertrains; use of high-voltage systems and battery packs in electric cars; rise of connected cars and autonomous vehicles reliant on real time exchange of electronic data; rise of automotive Internet of Things (IoT), the resulting proliferation of data driven vehicle service streams and the need for Over-the-Air programming (OTA) compatible cars safe from performance degradation caused by electromagnetic compatibility issues. Asia-Pacific ranks as the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 6.8% over the analysis period. The growth in the region is supported by the region’s growing prominence as the world’s manufacturing hub for electronic devices and components, and robust proliferation of smartphones, notebooks, LED TVs, and the huge manufacturing opportunity for smart connected cars.
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Integral Technologies and PolyOne Ink Licensing Agreements in a Move to Commercialize the Former’s Patented, Long Fiber Conductive ElectriPlast® Material
- Zircotec Announces Development of Conductive Ceramic Coatings for Composite Battery Casings in EVs
- NSG Creates Thinnest Transparent Electro-conductive Coating Glass Designed for Solar Cells, Buildings, Cars and Various Electronics & Medical Devices
- Schaffner Launches RFI Filters Integrated with IEC Inlet C14 or C20, Developed for High Frequency Applications
- Kemtron Introduces Superior Quality, Flame Retardant, Low Smoke, Low Toxicity EMC Shielding Gasket
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Conductive Coatings is projected to provide the largest revenue opportunity over the medium to long-term period.
- Laminates/Tapes segment is projected to witness the fastest growth driven by easy application, 100% shielding coverage and relatively lower cost in comparison to other alternatives.
Product Definition & Scope
- Electromagnetic interference (EMI) or radio frequency interference (RFI) is defined as a temporary interference in a device’s performance or signals caused by electromagnetic fields generated from another electronic device in close proximity. EMI/RFI shielding materials and technologies refer to the components used to protect electronic devices from EMI/RFI related failure.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, South Korea, Taiwan and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Conductive Coatings, Conductive Plastics, Metal Cabinets, Laminates/Tapes, and Others
- 3M Company
- Changzhou Pioneer Electronic Co., Ltd.
- Henkel AG & Company, KGaA
- KITAGAWA INDUSTRIES America, Inc.
- Leader Tech, Inc.
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Schaffner Holding AG
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.