The global market for WAN Optimization Solutions is projected to reach US$1.7 billion by 2024, driven by the emerging era of connected enterprise and the ensuing escalation in factors contributing towards network performance challenges including increased number of smartphones and tablets accessing corporate WLANs as a result of the growing adoption of BYOD programs; unprecedented rise of applications migrating to the cloud and the resulting need for faster information transfer and access speeds. Few of the other factors leading to increased load and stress on WLAN network resources include increased use of WLAN for VoIP, web conferencing and collaboration, addition of printers and other IoT devices to the WLAN apart from smartphones and tablets; need for accelerated and seamless branch office communications and increased use of bandwidth-sucking applications like streaming voice and video. All of these factors tend to heighten the need for data transfer efficiencies across wide-area networks (WANs) while simultaneously overloading the WLAN infrastructure comprising switches, routers and Wi-Fi access points etc. Benefits of WAN optimization solutions driving their indispensability under as scenario where WLAN networks are morphing into myriad deployments and usage models include increased efficiency, lower latency, faster file accessibility, increased speed between multiple office locations, more reliable and faster data recovery, improved digital experience for all users, ability to prioritize traffic and optimize available bandwidth, elimination of redundant data transmissions, among others. As the country with the most developed and sophisticated digital networking infrastructure, the United States represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 13.6% over the analysis period led by factors such as developing corporate and business sector, increasing investments in enterprise networking infrastructure, rise in the number of connected enterprise devices, growing number of SMBs with the need for low-cost connectivity; high cloud readiness index of most Asian countries and a parallel need for WAN optimization controllers to ensure optimal cloud computing performance.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Replify and Open Systems Sign License Agreement to License the Former’s WAN Optimization Technology
- Huawei and InfoVista Establish Cooperation for SD-WAN in a Move to Deliver Ultimate Experience in Enterprise WAN Interconnections to Enterprise Customers
- Huwaei Announces Multiple Partnerships for SD-WAN with SoftBank, Microsoft, Riverbed Technology, F5, and the European Advanced Networking Test Center
- Huawei Unveils 3-Layered Open SD-WAN Architecture Designed for Enabling B2B Service Innovation for Carriers
- Iricent Introduces Cloud Based Managed SD-WAN Service in a Move to Offer Service Providers Access to a White Label Services Platforms
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- On-Premise deployments are forecast to account for the largest share of revenue opportunity over the medium to long-term period.
- Cloud Services are projected to witness the fastest growth driven by advantages such as cost-efficiency, agility and on-demand scalability.
Product Definition & Scope
- WAN Optimization Solutions are placed either in-line or out-of-path in order to optimize and reduce the data transmitted over the WAN/MAN/LAN. WAN optimization controllers are used to optimize bandwidth for improving end user experience on a WAN (wide area network). These appliances are designed to help mitigate the effects of network congestion, packet loss, and latency, while shrinking the amount of data transmitted over the network. WAN Optimization Controllers are physical appliances, which sit at each end of WAN links between two branch/remote offices or between a company’s data center and a remote/branch office. WAN Optimization Controllers accelerate the access by caching the content that users obtain from a public cloud solution and make this content available to other end-users in branch offices.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America) and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Deployment Mode:
- On-Premise Solutions, and Cloud Service Solutions
- Array Networks, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- F5 Networks, Inc.
- Riverbed Technology
- Silver Peak Systems, Inc.
- Radware Ltd.
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.