Internet Data Centers
The global market for Internet Data Centers (IDCs) is projected to reach US$89.5 billion by 2022, driven by the many benefits of cloud computing including infinite low cost storage against the backdrop of exponential increase in data generation. With growing emphasis on cost reduction, the benefits of shared infrastructures are emerging into the spotlight, thereby driving popularity of third party, outsourced IDCs. The continuous evolution of IT, development of cloud computing technology and increasing role of mobility in enterprise operations are fueling investments in IDCs. The market is also being positively impacted by the focus on green IT against the backdrop of companies seeking to attain the benefits of business energy efficiency, sustainability and green accreditations. Benefits of IDCs include flexibility in servers, storage and networking deployment and management; on-demand resource scalability; stability and security; greater redundancy than on-premise counterparts; more efficient disaster recovery and business continuity; easy and cost-effective migration path; and uninterrupted connectivity to the datacenter, among others. Other major factors also expected to influence market growth include development of cloud computing technology which represents the foundation for the evolution of IDCs; explosion of big data, rapid proliferation of Internet of Things (IoT) and the ensuing data overload, increased datacenter capacity needs and increased investments in IDCs; heterogeneous IT environments and rising adoption of hybrid clouds; rise of enterprise mobility, increased deployment of bring your own device (BYOD) programs and the ensuing demand for anytime, anywhere access to corporate data which can be fulfilled only by an agile always-on IDC hosted on a cloud. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific is poised to record the fastest CAGR of 20.6% over the analysis period, led by the development of the enterprise sector; growing cloud readiness of Asian economies; increased reliance of emerging Asian economies on digitalization, the Internet and transformative enterprise technologies; exploding Internet data traffic, rapid expansion of cloud-based services and increased adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) in several countries across the region.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Amazon Web Services to Open AWS Africa (Cape Town) Region, a New Infrastructure Region in South Africa in H1 2020
- CyrusOne to Build Additional Data Centres in Frankfurt and London to Boost its European Presence and Global Footprint
- Silent Partner Group to Build Six Data Centres in Finland and Norway with an Aim to Decrease Carbon Footprint in these Countries
- Google to Expand Eemshaven Data Center with an Investment of €500 Million
- EdgeCore Internet to Build New Data Center Campus in Northern Virginias with Acquisition of 36.8 Acres of Land in Sterling
Product Definition & Scope
- “Internet Data Centers” (IDCs) are defined as datacenters connected to and accessed through the Internet. An IDC is commonly referred to as an outsourced solution and unlike data centers specifically built for a single large company, these datacenters are third party data centers hosted on behalf of companies and are designed to house all data-storage functions of clients and/or house all servers and related internet equipment. And unlike conventional third party hosted data center, wherein private connectivity is provided for companies to access the data center, IDCs utilize the internet as the only connectivity highway for clients to access the data center.
- Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
- 21Vianet Group, Inc.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Cogent Communications, Inc.
- Cyxtera Technologies
- DXC Technology Co.
- Equinix, Inc.
- Google, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.