The global market for 3D CAD is projected to reach US$7.3 billion by 2022, driven by the continuous focus on improving engineering productivity by accelerating product design processes; growing adoption of 3D CAD in product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions; and increased acceptance of 3D printing where use of 3D modeling software and tools are indispensable. Adoption of 3D CAD is largely driven by the technology’s numerous benefits including reduced downstream errors, lower chances of misinterpretation, easy reverse engineering, rapid prototyping, and elimination of design ambiguity. Specifically in the construction end-use sector 3D CAD plays a vital role in resolving challenges and providing benefits such as packs more information than modeled geometry; reduced need and time for measuring and re-measuring structural parts; easier to make design changes; reduced design lead times and accelerated project completion; enables easy ways to find solutions to architectural challenges; ability to enhance aesthetic appeal of construction designs; and easy identification of design flaws & weaknesses prior to construction. These benefits coupled with the stable outlook for the construction industry and the increased adoption of building information modeling (BIM) among architecture, engineering & construction (AEC) professionals bodes well for growth in this sector. The ongoing transition to cloud computing technologies and their adoption in product prototyping and design, coupled with advancements in cellular technologies will help fuel gains in the market in the coming years. Other major factors influencing growth include growing complexity of medical devices, prosthetics and drug delivery systems and the ensuing increase in value of 3D CAD in designing commercially successful products; and emphasis on accuracy and safety and increased adoption in aerospace manufacturing and aircraft assembly. The United States represents the largest market worldwide supported by the proliferation of 3D CAD in a number of sectors including film-making, healthcare, and jewelry. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 8.6% over the analysis period, led by factors such as rapid industrialization, growing investments in intelligent manufacturing, and outsourcing of 3D modeling services to low cost countries in the region.
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Dassault Systèmes Snaps Up No Magic, a Texas-based Provider of Model-Based Systems Engineering, and Modeling Solutions
- Trimble Acquires Stabiplan, a 3D CAD Software and BIM Content Provider for the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Industries
- U.S. CAD Acquires Cn3D Construction in a Move to Create Unparalleled Portfolio of Hardware, Software, and Services to Address the Needs of the Construction & Building Industry
- Hexagon PPM Acquires PipingDesignOnline.com in a Move to Offer Convenient Training Option for CADWorx®, CAESAR II® and PV Elite® Solutions
- Topcon Takes Over ClearEdge3D, a Recognized Technology Leader in the Engineering & Construction Software Industry
Product Definition & Scope
- 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) is defined as a broad range of computer based tools/software designed to allow engineers to create and display/visualize product prototypes in 3D. In other words, 3D CAD software allows the creation of three-dimensional models of objects such as, mechanical parts, components, buildings, architectural components, among others. 3D CAD allows for superior quality of design and documentation and overthrows drawbacks associated with 2D designs, such as, human errors in measurements and inaccuracies in component matching, among others.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
- Ashampoo GmbH & Co. KG
- Autodesk, Inc.
- Bentley Systems, Incorporated
- CAXA Technology Co., Ltd.
- PTC, Inc.
- Siemens PLM Software
- Trimble, Inc.
- ZWSOFT Software Co., Ltd.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.