The global market for Data Acquisition (DAQ) Hardware is projected to reach US$1.7 billion by 2022, driven by the widespread adoption of industrial automation technologies and the resulting need for data analysis and monitoring. The growth in the market is also poised to benefit from the launch of multi-functional and robust DAQ systems; well-established role of data acquisition in test, measurement and instrumentation platforms; and emergence of next generation industrial concepts such as Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication. Another key market force is the growing emphasis on asset condition monitoring against the backdrop of intensifying competition in the manufacturing industry and the resulting focus shed on improving financial performance by scrutinizing closely the manufacturing reliability of operations. The automotive industry stands out as a key end-user of DAQ hardware supported by intensifying competition that necessitates automotive design engineers to develop lower-cost test and measurement systems capable of rapidly acquiring, analyzing, and presenting measurement data from different types of sensors in a manner that reduces time to market of design ideas. Other major noteworthy trends and drivers influencing the market include growing demand for high-speed data acquisition systems with high sample rates per channel; falling cost of DAQ deployment as a result of increased availability of open source DAQ software; effervescent technology advancements in plug-in DAQ card technology and wireless DAQ systems; growing commercial value of DAQ systems based on Ethernet, USB, PCI & PXI architectures; and rising prominence of LXI as the preferred bus architecture for DAQ. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market led by factors such as expanding manufacturing sector; rising investments in automation of control & processing equipment; and adoption of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Distributed Control Systems (DCSs), and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- L3 Technologies to Utilize AMETEK’s Aircraft DAQ in a Move to Update its Legacy Platform
- AMETEK Appoints AAR as Aftermarket Distributor in a Move to Distribute its Aircraft Components
- Spectris to Merge Brüel & Kjær and HBM in a Move to Form Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær
- Kistler Opens New Office in Germany in a Bid to Combine All Service Departments Under the One Roof
- Measurement Computing Releases MCC 118 Voltage Measurement DAQ HAT for Raspberry Pi®, the Popular Single Board Computer
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2022, External Devices will remain the largest market, followed by Plug-in Cards & Boards.
- External DAQ Devices are projected to witness the fastest growth driven by its capability to deliver highly effective results in measurement applications by leveraging processing power, connectivity, display, and productivity capabilities of modern computing technologies.
Product Definition & Scope
- Data Acquisition (DAQ) refers to the process of assimilation of real world physical conditions (such as strain, light intensity, temperature, fluid flow, gas pressure, torque) in the form of sample signals, which are then converted into digital numeric values to be fed to computers. Data acquisition systems (DAQ or DAS) translate analog waveforms into digital values for processing.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe) Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- External Devices, and Plug-in Cards and Boards
- ADInstruments Ltd.
- AMETEK, Inc.
- Campbell Scientific, Inc.
- DATAQ Instruments, Inc.
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Keysight Technologies, Inc.
- Spectris Plc
- Yokogawa Electric Corp.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.