The global market for Syringes is projected to reach US$23.9 billion by 2024, driven by the ubiquitous need for medical syringes to inject therapeutic drugs into the body or withdraw fluids from the body for diagnostic purposes. Use of syringes for therapeutic drug administration is driven by the growing global burden of chronic diseases which require regular injection of drugs usually self-administered such as diabetes, pernicious anemia, testosterone deficiency and respiratory diseases, among others. On the other hand, use of syringes for diagnostic fluid aspiration is being driven by the growing popularity of Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) Biopsy in cancer diagnostics and the overall growth in clinical pathology which involves testing of blood and other bodily fluids, and tissues for disease diagnosis. Growing concerns over the spread of HIV and hepatitis from contaminated needles is spurring the popularity of safety-engineered auto disable syringes.
Benefits of auto disable syringes driving their use across the healthcare spectrum include:
- reduced dead space in the syringe and lesser wastages of medicine;
- prevents re-use of non-sterile syringes;
- fixed-needle design that eliminates risk of air bubble entry into the syringe;
- increased speed of administration and higher accuracy;
- and accurate dosages when vaccinating.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
The United States represents the largest market worldwide supported by the high standards of care in the country and robust consumption of disposable syringes and widespread use of advanced infusion systems. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 9.1% over the analysis period led by factors such as growing population and healthcare burden; growing concerns over the risk of needlestick injuries among healthcare workers; need for single-use syringes given the lack of adherence of safety protocols and high risk of exposure to diseases during administration of intramuscular, subcutaneous and intradermal medication injections; launch of national immunization program and focus on improving vaccination safety and coverage through the use of disposable syringes; rise in healthcare tourism, focus on raising the bar on quality and safety and the resulting growing demand for smart syringes.
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Terumo Receives GMP Certification for Manufacture and Filling of Plajex™ Pre-Fillable Syringes With I-Coating™ Stoppers
- Terumo Expands Production Facilities for Pre-Filled Syringes with an Investment of 7 Billion Yen
- Genentech Wins FDA Approval for Lucentis® Prefilled Syringe that Treats all Forms of Diabetic Retinopathy
- Sandoz, a Division of Novartis, Buys Rights to Market Adamis’ Symjepi Pre-Filled Syringe
- Kyowa Receives Manufacturing and Marketing Approval for Darbepoetin Alfa Injection Syringe[KKF] in Japan
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Disposable Syringes will remain the largest market, followed by Prefilled Syringes.
- Within the Disposable Syringes segment, Safety Syringes is projected to witness the fastest growth driven by the growing emphasis on prevention of needle stick injuries.
Product Definition & Scope
- Syringes are medical devices used to inject or extract medication/liquids into or from the body tissues. Parameters for selecting a syringe can include syringe volume, scale readings, needle configuration, pressure ratings, and the injection method either manual or autosampler used.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia & Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Segments:
- Sterilizable Syringes, Disposable Syringes (Conventional Syringes, & Safety Syringes), and Prefilled Syringes.
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Gerresheimer AG
- Kawamoto Corp.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Smiths Medical
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.