The global market for Biopesticides is forecast to reach US$6.2 billion by 2024, driven by concerns raised by the growing carbon footprint of the agriculture industry and the ensuing focus shed on adopting sustainable agricultural practices and eco-friendly farm inputs. Striking the balance between increasing food production to feed the growing population and preserve the environment is becoming increasingly important and in this regard, governments the world over are pushing for climate smart agriculture practices. Given that chemical fertilizers and pesticides have the greatest impact on carbon footprint of the agriculture industry, a large portion of carbon mitigation efforts will be directed at more efficient utilization of agricultural inputs such as fertilizers.
Benefits of biopesticides include:
- environmental safety;
- safe for beneficial organisms such as earthworms;
- user friendly and reduced health hazard for farm workers;
- reduced risk of soil contamination;
- eliminates the problem of toxic residues on crops;
- zero risk of pest resistance; cheap and cost effective;
- improved crop quality and yield;
- promotes physiological benefits such as bigger fruit size and enhanced color;
- and compatibility with integrated pest management systems;
- among others.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Certis USA Completes Construction and Start-Up of New Azadirachtin Formulation and Packaging Facility in California
- Marrone Bio Inks Distribution Partnership with Hop Tri Investment to Offer Effective Biological Solutions in Vietnam
- BASF Acquires Bayer’s Seed and Herbicide Businesses in a Transaction Valued at US$9 Billion
- Bayer Acquires Monsanto, the World’s Biggest Supplier of Genetically Modified Seeds
- Tradecorp Acquires Idai Nature in a Move to Strengthen its Biological Portfolio in the Spanish Market
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Microbial Pesticides will remain the largest market, followed by Bio-Rational Pesticides.
- Microbial pesticides are projected to witness the fastest growth driven by development of novel microorganism species
Product Definition & Scope
- The term ‘Biopesticide’ broadly applies to any organism or biological-based compound, comprising plant, animal, microbial or renewable-material constituents, which are used for pest control and management. Certain plant extracts and natural-origin compounds, such as pyrithrins and spinosad, are not considered as biopesticides due to with toxic action.
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Active Ingredients: Microbials and Bio-Rationals
- AgBiTech Pty Ltd.
- Andermatt Biocontrol AG
- BASF SE
- Certis USA LLC
- Environmental Crop Management Limited
- Syngenta AG
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.