The global market for Connectors is projected to reach US$91.1 billion by 2024, driven by the growing demand for high performing, reliable, fail-safe electronics in a wide range of industries such as automotive, telecommunication, consumer electronics, aerospace/ defense/military, medical equipment and industrial equipment. Functions of a connector that make it indispensable in electronics include joining electrical terminations to create a complete electrical circuit; electromagnetic interference (EMI) filtration and voltage surge protection. Automotive applications are poised to emerge into the spotlight supported by major trends in vehicle electronification and electrification such as commercialization of hybrid electric, plug-in hybrid electric and full-electric vehicles; growing complexity of in-vehicle networked systems against the backdrop of the development of smart connected and autonomous loaded with electronic sub-assemblies; and growing use of expensive and voltage sensitive electronic sub-systems that require reliable interconnects. In the consumer electronics space, proliferation of smartphones and ubiquitous use of computers for computing are helping drive demand for in-device connectors comprising board to wire connectors, board to board connectors, board to IC/memory card connectors and inter-device (device to device) connectors. Connectors for medical applications are also expected to witness strong demand supported by the growing use of embedded electronics in medical equipment and implants. Harsh environment connectors will continue to drive opportunities in the market in the coming years, given the fact that continuous functioning of infrastructure equipment, automobiles, aircraft, medical equipment such as life-saving defibrillators & ventilators and energy generation equipment will always be of prime importance and concern. Other major trends in the market include effervescent innovation and design improvements in connectors to meet high device quality and reliability standards; growing demand for versatile miniature connectors; growing commercial value of smart connector designs with EMI/RFI suppression features; growing popularity of IP-rated, RoHS-compliant and UL recognized connectors; growing demand for network bandwidth, rise in fiber optic deployments and the ensuing demand for fiber optic connectors. Asia-Pacific and Europe represent the two largest markets worldwide. Trailing a CAGR of 6.9% over the analysis period, Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market led by positive macro-economic cues; expanding industrial, business and commercial markets; robust consumer electronics industry; and increased demand for high-quality electronic interconnect solutions.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Molex Collaborates with Sametec for Molex BiPass™ and Samtec Twinax Flyover™ Systems
- HIROSE Electric Opens New Sales Office in Italy in a Move to Strengthen its Position in the European Market
- TE Unveils Octal Small Form Factor Pluggable Connectors and Cable Assemblies Designed for Next-Generation Data Center Requirements for Data Rates of 200 Gbits/s and 400 Gbits/s
- Molex Introduces SMT Potting Wire-To-Board Connector System with the Spot-On 1.5 and 2.0 to Improve Process Capabilities and Mechanical Reliability of the Potting System
- HIROSE Electric Introduces Ultra-Low Profile, Heat Resistant and Right Angle FPC/FFC FH65 Series Connectors for Automotive Applications
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, PCB Connectors will remain the largest market, followed by Rectangular I/O Connectors.
- RF Coaxial Connectors are projected to witness the fastest growth driven by portable power requirements and sustained developments in network centric warfare/operations.
Product Definition & Scope
- Connectors, also known as interconnects, are broadly defined as devices that connects two other devices, by setting up a signal link between two points such as two separate electronic devices/interfaces. Basically there are two types of connectors: male connectors, which contain exposed pins; and female connectors that have sockets in which male pins can be placed. Types of connectors include permanent and removable connectors.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America, and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Segments:
- PCB Connectors, Rectangular I/O Connectors, Circular Connectors, RF Coaxial Connectors, and Others
- End-Use Sectors:
- Automobile, Computers, Telecommunications, Industrial, Aerospace & Defense, Consumer Electronics, Transportation, and Others.
- 3M Company
- Amphenol Corp.
- Aptiv PLC
- DDK Ltd.
- Esterline Technologies Corporation
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
- JST Mfg. Co., Ltd.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.