The global market for Load Cells is projected to reach US$2.0 billion by 2024, driven by the indispensability of industrial electronic load cells as the first step in the measurement process. Load cells form an integral part of industrial weighing scales, weigh platforms, weighbridges, tensile testing machines and dynamometers. Typical applications of load cells in the industrial environment include weighing of tanks, vehicles, vessels, silos, conveyors, quality control, R&D testing, fatigue testing and crane performance monitoring, among others. The market stands to benefit from the growing importance of highly accurate measurement and control methods to ensure product quality and manufacturing productivity. Also, rising investments in industrial automation technologies and increasing use in automotive assembly lines, logistics, construction, metal and mining industries will open new opportunities for growth. Other major factors influencing growth include growing demand for digital load cells in specialized applications requiring high and stable signal range; growing proliferation of hermetically sealed load cells supported by benefits such as moisture resistance and higher cell protection, and high compatibility for wet, high humidity applications; strong demand for environment friendly load cells in dry applications against the backdrop of growing stringency of environmental conformance norms; increasing adoption of tension and compression load cells in load monitoring applications; and preference for load cells featuring extended overload protection. Europe represents the largest market worldwide. Trailing a CAGR of 4.7% over the analysis period, Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market. Demand for industrial weighing equipment including load cell platforms is rapidly evolving in the region with consumers migrating towards automated systems. Also driving growth in the region is the expansion of infrastructure for mining, manufacturing, warehousing, construction and shipping.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Thames Side Receives ISO 9001:2015 Certification in Acknowledgement for the Company’s Continuous Efforts to Improve Processes and Systems
- Additive Rocket Selects FUTEK's LSB200 Jr. Miniature S-Beam Load Cell to Test the Monopropellant Engines in the Company’s Rocket Thrust Measurement Stand
- Omnidea Uses Zemic H3G S-Type S-type Load Cells in a Move to Capture High Altitude Wind Energy in H.A.W.E. Project
- Rega Selects Zemic Q70 Miniature Load Cell Series for Novel Stylus Tracking Force Scale
- HBM Launches HBM SP8 Load Cell Weighing Solution Designed for Dynamic Weighing Applications
Product Definition & Scope
- Load cell, also known as transducer, power sensor, or load control, is basically a force transducer that is designed to convert weight or force into an electrical signal and is most vital component of a standard weighing system. Load cell systems can seamlessly measure torsion/torque load, electrical force, temperature, levelness, and power required for weighing, pumping, mixing, cutting, grinding, and controlling among others. Load cells form an integral part of industrial weighing scales, weigh platforms, Weighbridges, tensile testing machines, and dynamometers, and typical applications for load cells in industrial environments include weighing of tanks, vehicles, vessels, silos, conveyors, quality control, R&D testing, fatigue testing, and crane performance monitoring among others. For addressing the weight and force measurement needs of end-customers, different types of load cell platforms are offered such as Single Point, Shear Beam, Dual Shear, Bending Beam, ‘S’ Type Beam, and Smart or Digital Load Cells.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World
- Flintec Inc.
- FUTEK Advanced Sensor Technology, Inc.
- Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH
- KeLi Sensing Technology (Ningbo) Co., LTD.
- Rice Lake Weighing Systems
- Thames Side Sensors Limited
- Vishay Precision Group, Inc.
- Yamato Scale Co., Ltd.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.