Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS)
The global market for Cloud Based Unified Communications & Collaboration as a Service (UCCaaS) is projected to reach US$17.8 billion by 2022, driven by the growing appeal of the cloud business model as an affordable, scalable and easy way to deploy UCC strategy especially among the growing base of mushrooming SMBs worldwide. Few of the benefits of UCCaaS driving its adoption among enterprises include easy scalability and elasticity as compared to on-premises solutions; provision of self-service features and customization options which give client companies more control over their UC functions; anytime, anywhere accessibility and mobility in an increasingly globalized business landscape; disaster recovery and business continuity; cost-effectiveness; superior reliability; increased efficiency; reduced risk of technology obsolescence; higher security; reduced real estate and energy costs. Other major factors driving growth in the market include growth in enterprise cloud spending especially public cloud services; increased investments in cloud computing as a green IT technology; availability of diverse communication channels and collaboration solutions and the resulting need for unification; complexity of in-house deployment and management of UCC and the ensuing focus on outsourced cloud based services; rollout of high speed broadband networks as the foundation for low latency cloud based UCCaaS; rising adoption of enterprise mobility & BYOD strategies and the resulting need for a dynamic and flexible UCC deployment model; emerging popularity of hybrid cloud as a preferred deployment model for UCC. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 18.9% over the analysis period, led by factors such as growing base of SMBs who are prime adopters of cost-effective cloud technologies; and emergence of cloud ready Asian countries and their dominance in driving the next wave of disruptive cloud service offerings in UCC.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Avaya Establishes Avaya Cloud Business Unit in a Move to Integrate Avaya’s Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud Operations
- Cisco Snaps Up BroadSoft, a Global Leader in the UCaaS and CCaaS Market
- Searchlight Capital Partners Snaps Up Mitel, in a Transaction Valued at US$2 Billion
- Avaya Acquires Spoken Communications in a Bid to Expand its Presence in Cloud-Based Solutions Market
- BT Group to Establish BT Enterprise in a Bid to Simplify its Operating Model, Accelerate Transformation, and Reinforce Accountabilities
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Telephony will remain the largest market, followed by Collaboration Application.
- Collaboration Application is projected to witness the fastest growth driven by its capability to reduce paper work and enhance the ability to create an open ended, ad hoc work environment.
Product Definition & Scope
- Cloud based UCaaS represents a cloud delivery model wherein UCC solutions such as software, applications and other virtual infrastructure components are hosted by third party cloud service providers on remote cloud servers who then provide them directly to the enterprise clients over the Internet as a service. By provisioning communication and collaboration software and applications hosted on external cloud servers over the Internet in hosted, shared architecture, cloud based Mobile UCC is the most cost effective service delivery model. Besides allowing users to access mobile UCC capabilities from anywhere, anytime and from any device, cloud based services also reduces the burden of in-house infrastructure and CAPEX.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Collaboration Application, Telephony, UC Application, and Contact Center
- AT&T, Inc.
- Avaya, Inc.
- BT Group plc
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation
- NTT Communications
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.