Cloud Security Gateways
The global market for Cloud Security Gateways (CSGs) is projected to reach US$1.4 billion by 2024, driven by the growing adoption of cloud IT strategies and the resulting rise in data leakages, security and privacy issues. CSGs provide encryption and tokenization to enable data to be encrypted in the enterprise before leaving for the cloud. CSGs also offer access control by streamlining user, and device access to cloud services based on rules based policies. In addition CSGs also enable authentication and data loss prevention by providing multi-factor identity verification and enforcing data loss prevention (DLP) policies for data movement in the cloud. Logging, auditing, and monitoring cloud services such as guest network monitoring, review user behavior related to each application and risk analysis, represents other functionalities of CSGs. Major factors driving growth in the market include inadequate security cover provided by cloud service providers and the urgent need to secure sensitive SaaS applications; unchecked /undisclosed government surveillance against the backdrop of increased movement of sensitive corporate data into the cloud; growing diversity in cloud deployment among enterprises and the need to transition confidently to the cloud; and ballooning BYOD trend and the resulting threat of shadow IT. Noteworthy trends in the market include rising popularity of cloud encryption gateways as the preferred choice for securing data in transit; growing demand for cloud delivered cloud access security broker (CASB) services supported by cost and scalability benefits; proposed development of vendor neutral cloud API standards and the resulting promised boost for CASBs; and widespread popularity of multi-cloud strategy. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 38.3% over the analysis period, led by factors such as rise in the number of cloud ready Asian countries, spurt in the number of SMBs which are primarily adopters of public cloud services, and strong investments in cloud IT technologies.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Oracle to Acquire Zenedge in a Move to Gain Zenedge’s Security Service Access and Strengthen its Presence in the Cloud Play Market
- Palo Alto Networks Acquires Evident.io in a Transaction Valued at US$300 Million
- AT&T Acquires AlienVault in a Move to Integrate AlienVault’s Threat Detection Platform into its Intelligent Edge Network with Focus on SMB Segment
- Netskope Acquires Sift Security, a Pioneer in Next-Generation Cloud Infrastructure Security
- Netskope Inks Product Collaboration Deal with Cylance in a Move to Provide Customers with a Single Security Platform that Offers Protection from Cyber Threat
Product Definition & Scope
- Cloud Security Gateways (CSG), often cited as Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASBs), are specialized security checkpoints deployed between cloud service providers and cloud service consumers to implement enterprise security policies as different cloud resources are accessed and used by cloud consumers. CSG combines cloud data protection and cloud access security intelligence to provide a comprehensive security cover for cloud hosted IT resources such as third party applications and even home grown software, when they are in use or in transit. Available as an on-premise software solution or cloud based service, CSG typically acts as a gatekeeper enabling organizations to extend the reach of their security policies beyond their own infrastructure. Depending on the security requirements, Cloud security gateways combine several types of security policy enforcements including data encryption, tokenization, authentication, authorization, single-sign on, security token mapping, logging, alerting, API control among others.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2024
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- AT&T, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Fortinet, Inc.
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Sophos Plc
- Symantec Corporation
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.